Billion= Trillion in Britian?

superman22x

Golden Master
Our Spanish teacher was saying today that in Britian, their Billion is the same thing as Trillion in the USA. Is this true? I never knew that...

I think its to with how one uses short scale and the other uses long scale because in
short scale 10^9 is a billion
whereas in
long scale 10^12 us a billion

I think its to with how one uses short scale and the other uses long scale because in
short scale 10^9 is a billion
whereas in
long scale 10^12 us a billion

I don't understand math like at all. It makes me sad my brain doesn't work that way.

i dont understand it fully i just understand why it is so its to do with how the numbers increment after a million

Thanks superman. I get it now. I need everything explained visually. That's why computers were so easy to learn.

However i just looked and britain and usa both user short scale

however spain use long scale unless thats what she was trying to get at

That really doesn't make any sense at all. So, by your teacher's logic, 1 trillion grains of sand in the United States is equal to 1 billion grains of sand in the UK. :rolleyes:

That really doesn't make any sense at all. So, by your teacher's logic, 1 trillion grains of sand in the United States is equal to 1 billion grains of sand in the UK. :rolleyes:

Sand and money are not the same things though. And sand is sand. Not all money is the same money. You are comparing different things that cannot be compared in that manner. Compare trees and money. Much better. Lol.

Back
Top Bottom