Beyond stupid...

Status
Not open for further replies.

setishock

Wizard of Wires
AUSTIN (March 18) - The Friday night lights in Texas could soon be without bumpin' and grindin' cheerleaders. Legislation filed by Rep. Al Edwards would put an end to "sexually suggestive" performances at athletic events and other extracurricular competitions.

"It's just too sexually oriented, you know, the way they're shaking their behinds and going on, breaking it down," said Edwards, a 26-year veteran of the Texas House. "And then we say to them, 'don't get involved in sex unless it's marriage or love, it's dangerous out there' and yet the teachers and directors are helping them go through those kind of gyrations."

Under Edwards' bill, if a school district knowingly permits such a performance, funds from the state would be reduced in an amount to be determined by the education commissioner.

Edwards said he filed the bill as a result of several instances of seeing such ribald performances in his district.

J.M. Farias, owner of Austin Cheer Factory, said cheerleading aficionados would welcome the law. Cheering competitions, he said, penalize for suggestive movements or any vulgarity.

"Any coaches that are good won't put that in their routines," he said. And, most girls cheering on Friday nights were trained by professionals who know better, he said.

"I don't think this law would really shake the industry at all. In fact, it would give parents a better feeling, mostly dads and boyfriends, too," Farias said.

Although cheerleaders must meet the same no-pass, no-play academic requirements of athletes, cheerleading is not a competition sanctioned by the University Interscholastic League, the governing body of Texas high school sports.

The UIL also does not have performance regulations for squads who cheer for their teams at state championships, said Athletic Coordinator Peter Contreras.

"I think it should have been cut out a long time ago," Edwards said. "It surely needs to be toned down."

Oh for crying out loud. Cheerleaders not shaking thier booty? If this fool gets his way why bother to watch?

"It's just too sexually oriented, you know, the way they're shaking their behinds and going on, breaking it down," said Edwards, a 26-year veteran of the Texas House. "And then we say to them, 'don't get involved in sex unless it's marriage or love, it's dangerous out there' and yet the teachers and directors are helping them go through those kind of gyrations."
How in the sam hell is he making that sort of connection with shaking thier butt at a game or a compatision with getting involved with sex?
Hey Edwards with 26 years in office I think some cutie shot ya down and now you're just trying to muck things up for everybody else. Retire you old fool...

Um...

It's on the aol welcome window.
That old fool better leave my Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders alone.

Oh Welcome to the zoo. Please keep your head and hands inside the car at all times. Please do not feed the animals as they get enough crap fed to them here. Visitors and guests will refrain form P*ssing of the gorillias. They bellow and beat on thier chests too much as it is.
Enjoy your stay here at Looney Land...

If the people attending find it too desturbing.. too bad. It's part of the young culture.

I find it just as bad when schools ban freak dancing... C'mon, it's what the new generation dance is all about.....

that guy is one flaming homosexual.....football would suck without cheerleaders "shaking their booty" (even though football sucks anyway...)

actually i don't really like any sports except tennis...kind of fun to play, but i don't like watching any sports at all. o another sport i like is being on my computer...wait that's not a sport...o well :D

LOL Well I actually Swim, but I'm from Canada (Edmonton, Alberta, Home of Wayne Gretzky: The BEST Hockey Player of All Time :D) so I gotta cheer on my native sport. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom