Best Shooter Game?

Yeah, the most innovative FPS ever probably has to be Half-Life 2. The Gravity Gun the surrounding physics and enviroment were just awesome.

CS:S is ok, but like CS 1.6 it's too cheat and hack prone which pisses me off.

EDIT>>> FarCry is also a very fun game. The CryEngine is pretty good, and the A.I. is among the best ever (it equals or even surpasses Half-Life 2's A.I.). The Mercenaries will actually supress and flank you..and if you just run and gun, they'll just shoot you down, which means you have to have some sort of Stealth in it. The damage is also really realistic...you'll usually lose your armor with a few hits and after a few more hits, you're dead.

Yeah, with the VAC servers, it's getting better for CS:S. I used to get so many hackers and the like it wasn't even funny. Valve Anti Cheat indeed...

jac006 said:
Yeah, with the VAC servers, it's getting better for CS:S. I used to get so many hackers and the like it wasn't even funny. Valve Anti Cheat indeed...

Yeah, I'm glad they're doing something about it because 1.6 was just ridiculous...the hacking and cheating was so incredibly ridiculous that it's not even funny.

alvino said:
Yeah, I'm glad they're doing something about it because 1.6 was just ridiculous...the hacking and cheating was so incredibly ridiculous that it's not even funny.

Yeah, I bet valve and steam and sierra got so many complaints that they didn't really have a choice. It was either that, or who knows, lawsuits... lol... or a loss of money.

I think cheats and hackers are lame. I mean I dunno when I kiil sommone I know I did it without cheat. But when you cheat and kill someone you didn't do it on your own skill. Its like Sniper Battles in BF2.

i have BFV not BF2 yet but i hope to get it soon.... I love BFV and I love sniper battles too....thats all i ever go a sniper its the best

I play CS:S. THat's the best for me. I use scouts and man... I own! Like, rank 15 out of 800 people, at 1447 kills and 757 deaths... indeed.

have to agree with ya....i dont have BF2 but I have BFV and the snipers are a classic w/ kids at my school

Ok well I've been around and play quite a few Fps's and this is what I've noticed...

Battle field series is one of the best army style fps out there, bf2 is pretty much a must if your a fps guy like I am.
Half life 2 is also AMAZING! it's gonna be one of the next games I buy for sure.
Halo is out dated compared to halo2 where they have made good cahnges to the game and what not... but non the less always a must have.
CS:S is also a really good game.. really it just depends on what style you like, I'm just a fps guy and I love them ALL! they're all great to me.
But if you have a Lan center in your city go there for a few hours and try the fps's out you'll get a better idea.

Chris

alvino said:
Yeah, the most innovative FPS ever probably has to be Half-Life 2. The Gravity Gun the surrounding physics and enviroment were just awesome.

True, but also try throwing a granade in FEAR and go to slow-mo when it blows up. Looks so cool.

alvino said:
EDIT>>> FarCry is also a very fun game. The CryEngine is pretty good, and the A.I. is among the best ever (it equals or even surpasses Half-Life 2's A.I.).

FEAR also exelles (sp?) here. The AI is made so that everytime u play the game the AI soldiers walk in different paths, are in different places so no matter how many times u play it through it's never going to be like it was before. It's really good because maybe u killed like 7 guys and then died. Then u load and have to kill those 7 guys again. But it's not going to be any easier than before since u don't know exactly where they are. I haven't seen this with any other game before.

Back
Top Bottom