Awesomeness

foothead

Omnicide now.
My dad just let me pull out the second 28 inch monitor to see if I could make horizontal span work on it (which I did) and I got to play a bit of crysis on the dual monitor setup at 3480x1200. My gfx card handled it very well, considering I had it at enthusiast levels with high AA and AF. I barely noticed any difference between it and 1920x1200.

So, now that it is confirmed that works, what should I get for Christmas instead of a dual monitor controller? I can go up to $200. I really cant do a whole lot to make my rig perform better, so I want something really cool for it.

a better water block or HSF?

some cool fan covers/louvers

neon CCFLs

flip up fan controller.

custom your case.

HDD heat sinks are completely pointless.

Are you the guy running the Thermaltake CPU block? If so I'd get rid of that thing.

How about protecting that high end investment?
http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/396140/APC-Back-UPS-RS-1500VA-865/
I have one of these. On it is: two rigs, 1 20" monitor along with a 32" LCD tv, and a 7.1 surround system. That and my printer and some network gear.
It hasn't made a dent in what that UPS can do.
Shop around some. It looks like the price has gone up. I nailed mine for 159.00USD.

UPS backup is a VERY good idea..

Agreed. I have one and it's nice being able to save whatever you're working on if the power goes out.

Yea. We really try and stress the importance at work when we sell a new rig, we hardly make anything on them we just don't want stuff to come back fried.

Can't go wrong, really can't.

I have a UPS, but my 1010 watt PSU immediately overdraws it lol. I really dont find it worth it to buy one that can run the thing.

Please, recommend me a CPU block. Ive been looking at the DD MC-TDX and the swiftech apogee but cant decide.

Back
Top Bottom