Automotive Computer Diagnostics

psychoii

Beta member
I had a few questions that I was hoping to get some help with...I hope this is an appropriate forum.

Basically, what I want to build is an automotive computer diagnostic scanner(for GMs). What I can't seem to find anywhere is information regarding interfacing with the computer itself....how to query the computer, description of the protocols used, accessing registers, etc. I'm just beginning with this project and would appreciate any resources you could point me to for this information. Thanks for your time.

*grins*

Thanks for the reply...but that doesn't help me much. *grins*

I do recognize that this will be a royal pain to accomplish. While it would take me quite a while, I'm fairly certain that I could do it. I'm a senior in Computer and Systems Engineering and my concentration is DSP. I've had a lot of experience with hardware and programming microcontrollers(assembly and using a cross-compiler). My only problem is that I can't seem to find any reference material for it...I really don't want to have to borrow a scanner and a daq and do it the nosebleed way, so if you have any suggestions, please let me know. Thanks :)

Back
Top Bottom