Attn Members: Passwords

our school network sucks. theyve wiped the server and the internet doesnt work. theres no point hacking into my account :p
anyway at school they make us change our password monthly or something and we cant use any of the previous 24. thats not a bad idea if you will remember the password each time

our school network sucks. theyve wiped the server and the internet doesnt work. theres no point hacking into my account :p
anyway at school they make us change our password monthly or something and we cant use any of the previous 24. thats not a bad idea if you will remember the password each time

aww crap ours did that password expiry but we just entered the correct same password and it worked
Our school network was crap anyway ,Half the internet was locked away from us , even stuff like google images and msn

aww crap ours did that password expiry but we just entered the correct same password and it worked
Our school network was crap anyway ,Half the internet was locked away from us , even stuff like google images and msn
yh same. it still is for me lol. i use use proxies or go in the business block where theres a diff server and its all fast and unrestricted :D

All that password checker does is tell you that words are weak and when you put a number behind it it's a medium strength password. I use a password for some things that I guarantee noone will ever guess and it will not be on any password list you can find. It's spanish.

All that password checker does is tell you that words are weak and when you put a number behind it it's a medium strength password. I use a password for some things that I guarantee noone will ever guess and it will not be on any password list you can find. It's spanish.

I didn't test the effectiveness of the password checker, to be honest. I just google'd a password checker for the thread, and that was the first response.

I didn't test the effectiveness of the password checker, to be honest. I just google'd a password checker for the thread, and that was the first response.
Try it, just type in a bunch of letters and it will tell you it's a weak password. Then put some numbers after it and it will tell you it's a medium password.

Try it, just type in a bunch of letters and it will tell you it's a weak password. Then put some numbers after it and it will tell you it's a medium password.

Thats because it can't be cracked by a dictionary hacker anymore.. :p
Although using lowercase and uppercase combinations also helps.

I thought it was funny that mYpASSwoRd is a 'medium' password.. haha.

I use a password for some things that I guarantee noone will ever guess and it will not be on any password list you can find. It's spanish.

and it won't be in a spanish word list for a dictionary brute forcer because...?
As long as it's a word it's probably on a word list of a few brute forcers.

Remember guys, there really aren't any secure passwords. Even if it would be a 32 marks long password with letters, upper case letters, numbers and symbols a brute forcer can still crack it if the server allows it. It will just take longer since it has to go through a lot of different passwords to get the right combination.

The only real way to stop a bruteforcer is to have something like, after 3 failed attemps to enter a password you have to wait 15 minutes untill you can try again.
Actually even that wouldn't stop a brute forcer. It would just slow it down so much that it would probably take tens of years to crack a long password.

and it won't be in a spanish word list for a dictionary brute forcer because...?
As long as it's a word it's probably on a word list of a few brute forcers.

Remember guys, there really aren't any secure passwords. Even if it would be a 32 marks long password with letters, upper case letters, numbers and symbols a brute forcer can still crack it if the server allows it. It will just take longer since it has to go through a lot of different passwords to get the right combination.

The only real way to stop a bruteforcer is to have something like, after 3 failed attemps to enter a password you have to wait 15 minutes untill you can try again.
Actually even that wouldn't stop a brute forcer. It would just slow it down so much that it would probably take tens of years to crack a long password.
You could proberbly code a program that would rotate through a list of proxy's, untill it craxxed it!

Back
Top Bottom