Americans!

99nasha

Fully Optimized
Ive always wondered certain things about the USA. I was amazed the other day, to find out that people had to PAY to see a doctor! We just go in make an appointment and see the doctor an hour later....Fuel prices are stupidly cheap out there, ours costs more than TWICE as much as ours in the UK.
And what the hell is a "rain check" I keep hearing that and still dont know what it is...Strange how diffrent things work

Rain check is like saying "at a later time". you say it when say someone invites you to dinner(or somewhere else) but your busy, so you say/ask can I take a rain check. the reason it's rain check is because on a rainny day you have time kinda thing. The US doen't have a health care system(Which Canada first used) like UK and Canada has so they have to pay for stuff that are system covers. As for gas, when you have a population that is very dependent on fuel and they use a lot then naturally the prices are going to go up.

Yeah, and what's with this thing that in shops all the prices displayed are excluding tax? Do you have to work it out at the till? Our prices just include tax, it's easier for us simpletons.

Nah, VAT (Value added tax) is added on for you in shops thank goodness. 17.5%! Enough to make you cry....

About the cost of Gas, I live in Saskatoon in Canada, the next nearest big city is Edmonton, which is close at 550km. Hence the requirement for cheaper fuel :)

Also, the land area of my province is 652,330 sq km with a population of 978,934

For comparison the UK has a land area of 241,590 sq km with a population of 60,441,457

LOL :D Hence we have to travel a LOT further to get places cos' we're sooo spread out!!

Lac3y said:
Yeah, and what's with this thing that in shops all the prices displayed are excluding tax? Do you have to work it out at the till? Our prices just include tax, it's easier for us simpletons.
Ya we have to work our tax out for an item we buy. Stores just want the price to seem cheaper. If you want to know anything else about the USA you can also PM me and i would be glad to answer your questions. :D

You have to be 21 to drink in the US right?

I believe it's 18/don't care in Europe and 18/19 in Canada (depends on Province - also fairly strict)

Its supposed to be 18 in england, but as long as the pubs are getting money they dont normally care much...

Haha, we have a foreign exchange student from Germany and she's like, I don't get it.. here it's like a bad thing to go out and drink.. and we're all like yeah.. you gotta be 21:confused:.. And she said in Germany, that's what they do to "hang out" they go out and drink.. It was pretty sweet, she's a cool chick

mech said:
About the cost of Gas, I live in Saskatoon in Canada, the next nearest big city is Edmonton, which is close at 550km. Hence the requirement for cheaper fuel :)

Also, the land area of my province is 652,330 sq km with a population of 978,934

For comparison the UK has a land area of 241,590 sq km with a population of 60,441,457

LOL :D Hence we have to travel a LOT further to get places cos' we're sooo spread out!!

Yeah, no offense but Canada has like no people... there are as many people in L.A. alone as there are in the whole country of Canada...

Back
Top Bottom