Amd Quad-Core Launch Date is...

nope its a brand new socket
and intels new "true qaudcore" is coming 3 months later
at 45nm instead of 65
im really wondering if its going to make a major difference.......
i mean you could clock the thing higher with less heat but besides that idk.....

at 45nm instead of 65
i mean you could clock the thing higher with less heat but besides that idk.....

Isnt it all on AM2

ok this is going to be a stupid question but will they be socket 939?

They won't be socket 939, socket 939 is pretty much dead, they don't manufacture those sockets anymore. The majority of the Phenom cores will be compatible with AM2, some will be using a newer socket though I think.

Ugh, whatever. I've had enough of AMD's poor launch choices. Intel is usually true to their word and they launch when they say they will.

thats a bit sellfish of AMD there almost trying to use 9/11 as an advertising campaign ..... .... ... ... ... ..

o well about the actual processors how do you guys think they will stack up against the C2Q's ?

and what kinda prices are they gonna be are they gonna be as low as the Q6600

How the Hell are they using it to there advantage.............................................................................................................................................

at 45nm instead of 65

Penryn isn't just a core shrink. Intel is also incorporating other features into the Core Microarchitecture.

I've always stuck with intel to be honest and like to see them doing well for a chance since AMD were on top for several generations

Back
Top Bottom