The all American fix

~mr mixx~

The Candyman
Ok guy's I have to share with you a true and funny story..

So I own this Magnavox DVD player that's not very big. I think it's like 10x10x3 inches in size and all plastic...a reall cheap DVD player.

Anyways for the past 2 weeks it's been giving me trouble like freezing up and unable to read discs. So one day I'm watching a movie and it freezes up on me. So I ejected the disc and got really mad.

So I picked it up about 5 feet off the ground at let it drop to the floor...(Bam!!) I was going to throw it out , but decided to try it one more time. It plays DVD's just fine now. I don't know what it did to it when it hit the floor, but it works just fine now. :lol:

Last edited:
Sometimes a kick in the butt will get things going. :lol:

By the way I have a Magnavox DVD recorder so I remember this tip. ;)

Remember the crazy Russian cosmonaut in the Armageddon movie? He was beating on everything with a wrench.

Back a few years ago, I remember IBM recommending that if you had intermittent or sticking keys on your keyboard, lift the keyboard 6 inches off the desk and drop it. That actually worked lots of times because intermittent and sticking keys was often caused by crud (like food crumbs) getting wedged in places and dropping the keyboard would often dislodge them.

Back
Top Bottom