Alcohol

Most the time i drink when im with other people and its to get into that buzz zone where you become a whole lot more sociable . Ive never been so drunk that i have l lost conciousness or threw up everywhere and i aim to keep it that way . I think an important part of drinking is knowing your limits and having a bit of control like i was at my college leavers ball just last week and it would have been quite easy for me to get absoloutley legless and throw up everywhere , my friend did but i didnt yet i still had an amazing night

The rare times i drink on my own its to relax or unwind after a stressful day and i usually only have a 1 or 2 or i will occasionally have a glass of cider with a meal

I just remembered that a couple shots for me allows me to talk to girls easier. I need to grow some balls... :p

When I was young, I always said to myself I wasn't going to drink either.
But I do now.

I only drink socially, and when I go out to clubs, because to be honest, I do like the feeling of being tipsy. Not drunk, but tipsy.
I've never gotten as bad as to the fact where, I haven't been able to stand up, etc, etc, but I've gotten to the point lots of times, where I feel a lot more confident, and I can relax.
I've never forgotten a night from drinking for instance, or passed out.

I suffer from anxiety I beleive, and have only just stopped having tea etc at night, as I found one day at work last week that after having tea in the morning, I was on edge all day, and it explained a lot.

If I go clubbing, and don't drink, which a couple of my mates do do sometimes (never used to), I can't relax, and I feel like i'm being watched, so I tend to mostly just stand there, and then feel like I'm being watched for not doing anything, so it just gets worse.

If I drink a bit meanwhile, all that goes away, and I can enjoy myself for the night. It depends what mood I'm in though, but I've only had a few times where its depressed me.

A lot of people go to school dances after a beer or 3. It relaxes them and makes it easier to dance. Then you get the kid who drinks on a field trip to Midevil Times, gets caught and blows a 1.4... That is a bit too much imo. Especially in a public place.

I haven't tried much Alcohol, but what I have had doesnt taste bad. Box Wine, tasted decent. Some Port wine, that tasted pretty good actually. Mike Hard Lemonade, and some other flavor, those were both good, couldn't even taste the alcohol. And finally Joose, an energy drink thing, like Sparks, that stuff tastes nasty.

I'm the kid in highschool that never even thought of drinking, smoking, or drugs. Now I've tried pot (didn't get any high from it so I didn't do it again), smoked a bit, and drink about once a week.

This is probably due to the fact that the stuff you smoked wasn't that great and it was your first time. Not a lot of people get high the first time they smoke, it's something that comes with time.

I used to drink ALOT but it has lost its fun. I will have a few beers here and there or if I go out with friends to a club or something I will drink but I won't get drunk unless I have a DD (designated Driver) I actually got kinda drunk this weekend at Frankies (a place here with go carts and video games and such) Its kinda fun getting a good buzz then going to the slippery track for the go carts. Trying to keep em str8 on a regular track drunk is hard try doing it on a track that you spin out every couple of minutes. ROFL. We also tried to play some mini golf and do the batting cages but definitely not as fun as the Go Karts. I don't think I made par on a single hole on the Mini Golf course and I ended up going to the slow softball cages just so I could make some contact with something in the batting cages... LOL the funny part is I Usually only hit in the fast baseball cages so I musta been pretty lit.

But drinking alone just because you can usually doesn't turn out well a few years down the road. Especially if alcoholism runs in your family. I started drinking at a REALLY young age because my mother was an alcoholic and there was always parties at my house or other peoples houses we went to and everyone seemed to be always drinking so I didn't really know anything else growing up. My mother has now been sober for 7 years and you can tell how much different she is.

So my advice is if you drink to get wasted every time and don't know your limits maybe you should stop before it becomes a problem. If you drink to fit in you need new friends. If you drink to get confidence you should do some things to increase your self esteem. If you drink a few drinks and can stop or don't make an ass of yourself keep it that way and don't start pushing your limits. Alcohol is fine in moderation but once it gets out of hand it is really hard to get yourself back. :D:D

Sooooooooo many reasons why people drink. You have the people that put a little tiny bit of bar end vodka(crap stuff.. Tasteless) in there monster or amp drink, and proceed to sip it and say "ahhh that is good".
Those are the people that do it to be cool or at least try to be..

Then you have the people that just want to escape. They hate life and will drink anything they get there hands on to beer to mouth wash.

You also have the people that only drink a little bit. Socially. Just enough to relax them a little bit. These people are usually shy and are pressured into trying it.

You then have the people who just drink because that is what they always have done. These people are usually known as functioning alcoholics. They go about their normal life but they will usually drink everyday. There are people who self medicate themselves who could also be considered a functioning alcoholic.

Then you have the people who drink just to get bombed at a party. To just go wild until they can't remember that night. They usually will remember small bits and pieces but never the whole thing. If you can't remember the whole night then you usually have been date rape drugged or your drink was "spiked" with something usually a form of medicine or WAY stronger drink possible even a drug.

Then of course you have people like me. Never drink. Hang out with people who drink socially but personally never touch the stuff.

I agree with that. I'm the same way... have friends that drink, but I don't touch it. Never really felt a desire to, I guess.

I just remembered that a couple shots for me allows me to talk to girls easier. I need to grow some balls... :p
Lmfao haha
smiley-laughing014.gif

Yes. I went and got a smiley to use just for that.

I agree with that. I'm the same way... have friends that drink, but I don't touch it. Never really felt a desire to, I guess.
Never had a desire to either.. I don't know. Just didn't find it a smart idea..

Another good point.

I just turned 21, so now everyone's like "d00d, yew can buy beer now!"

I'm kinda tired of it. :p

You also have the people that only drink a little bit. Socially. Just enough to relax them a little bit. These people are usually shy and are pressured into trying it.

That's pretty much why I drink on occasion. I'm very shy (although never pressured in to drinking) and sometimes I find it easier to be comfortable around people if I have a pint. It's sad, really, but it tends to negate a confidence barrier that I can only occasionally get past, which means I often get a lot out of conversations after one or two pints of Guinness.

I drink maybe once per month, though, so it's hardly anything really. Just one of those things. I know some people who will go out and get drunk every week and I cannot for the life of me figure out why they do it or what they see in it. I have been drunk a couple of times, yes, once without feeling anything the day after and the other time paying for it by pretty much losing a day to feeling horrible. Maybe some people don't get that?

Back
Top Bottom