Alcohol

FlightSimBoy

Fully Optimized
Lot of drug threads lately, so here's one of my own.

Why do people get drunk? Seriously.

I am right now. At least I think I am, or if not I'm really close to it... I'm dizzy, I can't see straight, its 72 degrees in my room and I have 2 fans and the AC directly on me and I'm still burning up, I feel like I'm going to pass out, and I can't think straight.

Bourbon. I don't remember the brand, but it was 101 proof.

I know people that get drunk every night. I don't see how they do it.

This is my first time like this, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

It doesn't get any better than that, first time getting drunk or 1000th time. There's a million different reasons people get drunk. To fit in or be cool, they like that feeling, they're depressed, you name it.

They like feeling like s*it? I'd rather feel depressed and feel like the world hates than I would right now because I know I have family and friends who can talk to me and help me feel better. This just sucks.

Hopefully I didn't drink enough to give me a hangover tomorrow, but I think that's asking for too much...

It might be more fun if you were out doing something with friends still while being drunk... It's the next day that most people regret it most, not during, lol.

I only drink of birthdays that has alcohol. But I never actually got drunk, only buzzed.

Sooooooooo many reasons why people drink. You have the people that put a little tiny bit of bar end vodka(crap stuff.. Tasteless) in there monster or amp drink, and proceed to sip it and say "ahhh that is good".
Those are the people that do it to be cool or at least try to be..

Then you have the people that just want to escape. They hate life and will drink anything they get there hands on to beer to mouth wash.

You also have the people that only drink a little bit. Socially. Just enough to relax them a little bit. These people are usually shy and are pressured into trying it.

You then have the people who just drink because that is what they always have done. These people are usually known as functioning alcoholics. They go about their normal life but they will usually drink everyday. There are people who self medicate themselves who could also be considered a functioning alcoholic.

Then you have the people who drink just to get bombed at a party. To just go wild until they can't remember that night. They usually will remember small bits and pieces but never the whole thing. If you can't remember the whole night then you usually have been date rape drugged or your drink was "spiked" with something usually a form of medicine or WAY stronger drink possible even a drug.

Then of course you have people like me. Never drink. Hang out with people who drink socially but personally never touch the stuff.

Then you have the people who drink just to get bombed at a party. To just go wild until they can't remember that night. They usually will remember small bits and pieces but never the whole thing. If you can't remember the whole night then you usually have been date rape drugged or your drink was "spiked" with something usually a form of medicine or WAY stronger drink possible even a drug.

That sounds like me. Anyways Alcohol by itself is the most common form of date rape drug, with rohypnol and GHB making up only 10% of cases, and when administered often with alcohol at the same time.

Then of course you have people like me. Never drink.

Amen to that. My plan is to never drink...try it once or twice at the most on a special occasion (b-day, christmas), but never ever get drunk. I also don't get the point. I think a lot of it these days (with our generation) is to be "cool".

They like feeling like s*it? I'd rather feel depressed and feel like the world hates than I would right now because I know I have family and friends who can talk to me and help me feel better. This just sucks.

Hopefully I didn't drink enough to give me a hangover tomorrow, but I think that's asking for too much...

Many people don't have the luxury of having friends and family like that. Lots of people drink because it relaxes you. I love having a few cold brewskies after a long crappy day at work.

Back
Top Bottom