For or Against the Death Penalty

I'm for it. I don't want to pay money to house murderers. I do believe there should be a wait period so they don't judge a person incorrectly.

I was always for the death penalty until i started researching it and seeing the actually cost to put someone to death. It costs us 4.2 million dollars a person. I do need to do more research though on how much it cost to keep them in prison for life for the reason i just saw some conflicting numbers from the NJDOC website and this one www.njleg.state.nj.us/2006/Bills/S0500/171_S2.PDF. But overall it does cost less to keep someone in prison. Also seeing that there have been some people convicted wrongfully or have been discriminated against.

* Please don't misconstrue I am not trying to convince anyone. Each person has there own opinions and that's what I am asking for these are the reasons why I changed my view.

LOL this is kind of funny. I just had a class discussion on this topic last week. We were not debating the topic but merely analyzing two articles about it, one for the death penalty and one against the death penalty.

From the articles we were given I couldn't support it. Although in are class study the articles didn't give much to back up either side.

Really your question is far to generalized. I'm for it if a person has committed a serious crime such as murder and is found guilty with no doubt in the judges/jurors minds. After found guilty they should be executed. There is no point in wasting are tax dollars letting them appeal it for the next 10 years. That's where that 4.2 million cost figure is coming from you quoted above.

However if the evidence isn't 100% conclusive I'm against the death penalty. If there is any doubts about if the person really did the murder they shouldn't be executed.

If your trying to support it google Isaac Ehrlich and his studies regarding for every inmate executed 7 lives were saved.

im against it for one simple reason.
personally, i would rather die then spend my life in prison, its like doing them a favor imo.....

I am totally for it but there has to be a clear cut case and solid evidence. As long as certain criteria is met do em in the next day as far as Im concerned. But like I said it has to be SOLID evidence...:D:D

Back
Top Bottom