An act of kindness I'll never forget

Celery

Golden Master
I was at the store this morning when I rang up almost $16 worth of grocery and discovered I forgot my wallet.

I freaked and said Oh crap! I drove without my license and carried without my permit! Oh crap!

The clerk asked if I wanted to put them aside so I can come back for them. I said yeah let's do that and I'll be right back. The lady behind me said that she'll cover them and put her card in the machine and paid for it.

I was stunned and asked how we can settle but she said don't worry about it. I said huh? and she laughed it's ok, I got it covered

I looked at her and said I'm not gonna forget this, trust me.

Where I live you wouldn't need a permit to carry a concealed weapon. You just need the weapon.
I once did the same for a young couple at a restaurant we were at. They had already eaten and discovered their inability to pay. It was embarrassing for them.

I made sure I don't do that again. Getting caught driving without my license and carrying without my permit can really cost me.

I obey the traffic laws but a taillight out will get me stopped so I'm not taking chances. :angel:

Attachments

• S5031145.jpg
    S5031145.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 5
Kindness like that is referred to as "paying it forward". You can do the same for someone else one day.

Not sure about TX where you live but as far as forgetting your driver's license here in Calif. it's not that big of a deal. Yes, you're supposed to have it in your possession when you drive but the important part is that you HAVE a valid license. If you're unlicensed or your license is expired and you're driving, then that's a different matter.

Can't talk to having a weapon carry permit. Don't have one, don't want one.

If you're in public without ID then you can be arrested for vagrancy and jailed.

Driving without a license will have your car towed and impounded and you will be ticketed. If your license were invalid or suspended then you'll be in jail.

Carrying without a permit will have you arrested and jailed.

Last edited:
Wow I've never heard of it being mandatory to carry ID around at all times. Nothing like in Australia that I'm aware of.

Here, if you are pulled over and asked for license, registration and proof on insurance and can't provide it you receive 3 tickets and they check for stolen vehicle and for wants and warrants on the owner assuming that's you if that's the name you give and when you get to court and provide proof that you had all 3 items in force at the time it will be dismissed.

Well, you know what they say here... Don't Mess With Texas. :rolleyes:

ETA:

Now that we have a national database it's probably easier for us to get out of the mess except for real violations.

Last edited:
Just because the law says you could be jailed or fined, doesn't mean you will. It depends on the mood of the cop and your attitude. It's very easy for the cop to verify whether or not you have a valid license, even if it isn't in your possession at the time you are asked.

Today I had a chance to pay it forward. :dance:

I put my opened mail in the discard tray for shredding (I take ID theft seriously.) Today it was getting full so I started shredding. I separate the papers from what doesn't need to be shredded. I also cut up papers where my name is a small portion of it so I save the wear and tear on my $75 shredder.

Ok, I got my driver's license renewal papers out of the envelope which I renewed this month when I noticed some papers stuck together and something hard in it. I already got my new license so this got me curious why there's another one.

It was another person's license and I thought WTH ?? His birthday was 20 day earlier than mine so he's still waiting for his. We were given up to 60 days for the new license so he wasn't missing his yet.

I guess he'll be surprised to get a normal letter from someone he doesn't know and find his driver's license in it. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom