9/11

Tommy Boy said:
I can still remember the day..I just pulled out of my driveway on my way to work listening to the radio (I hadn't had the tv or radio on that morning at the house). And all I really heard was about a plane crash into a building and the DJ's on the morning radio show were almost in tears. They played some music that I didn't like so I switched to the CD I had in and drove to work, I was still clueless at this point........

Then I pulled into my boss' house and walked in and he had it on the tv and I immediately thought it was a movie, until I saw the "Live MSNBC" on the screen and I knew it was real. I just stood there and watched, I watched as they showed the planes crashing over and over, and then the buildings collapse, one shortly after the other, again, showing it over and over, and I just couldn't believe my eyes.

We finally decided we should actually go out and do some work (Window Cleaners), and I spent the rest of the day listening to it on the radio in our work van as much as I possibly could. Later hearing about the 2 other planes that crashed, one into the Pentagon, and the other just to the south in Shanksville (about 2 1/2 hours from me), as well as the other buildings that collapsed and were damaged.

Then when the day was over, coming home and just watching CNN all night long just wishing that what I saw and heard was all a dream.......

It's definitly a day I will not forget as long as I live.
mark thorpe said:
i skipped maths to watch it live on TV.. man, i will never forget that day..
I was in my kitchen getting some food, and out of the blue my sister yelled at me to go into the living room and look at the TV.. this was literally seconds after the first plane crashed into one of the towers, my sister saw the actual crash live - not as a recording. I was sorta shocked, but not really in tears.. most likely because I live clear out in UT away from that, and none of my loved ones were involved with it..
The rest of the day was fairly dramatic though, many people were in tears, and a lot of my classes turned out to be watching the news all day... I believe I was in 8th grade at the time.
Slayer said:
Trivium is the name of a music band that came out a few years ago and have been part of the mainstream as far as heavy music (Metal) goes ever since.

I too believe that the 5 years has gone so fast it's quite shocking. The events of 9/11 still feel like it was yesterday.

Yeah, but some people I know who were in NY and saw it actually happen.. it's so different.. one time a friend of mine from NY posted a thread in another forum about 9/11, back in 04 I believe.. the admin, some guy in Texas told him to, in a sugar coated sense, 'shove it'... my friend took it extremely seriously.. that guy from texas thought he had heard all he needed to and didn't care.. but really.. he wasn't there, and telling someone who WAS there to completely forget about it is pretty messed up if you ask me..

TRDCorolla said:
I'm not affected that dramatically.
No, but it still must have been heart-stopping for you, all those miles away, as it was in far distant countries, what a terrible terrible day, I shall never forget it, I know there have been natural disasters, with as many lives lost, but this man-made for god's sake, evil b*st*rds!!

Brookfield said:
No, but it still must have been heart-stopping for you, all those miles away, as it was in far distant countries, what a terrible terrible day, I shall never forget it, I know there have been natural disasters, with as many lives lost, but this man-made for god's sake, evil b*st*rds!!
It's pretty sad when man is able to create more destruction than mother nature.. if man kind was to be destroyed.. i'd want it to be natural.. not because 2 or more groups of people got pissed at each other and decided that comitting mass murder would make things better... such people are a disgrace to the human race... i'm honestly disgusted to be a human being in these times..

if there are aliens out there watching us.. they are probably laughing to death at our stupidity... *sigh*

9/11 Memorial

On September 11, 2001, four U.S. planes hijacked by terrorists crashed into the World Trade Center, the Pentagon and a field in Pennsylvania killing nearly 3,000 people in a matter of hours. Behind the staggering number of deaths are the individuals, each of whom left behind family, friends and co-workers who feel the national tragedy on a personal level. This topic is established to remember those who died. Please remember all who have passed in this trajic accident, and for those of who dont know what it is like to loose a loved one, please feel sorrow for your friends and family who have lost, because it is a horrible feeling, and no one should have to die young or at the wrong time.

I remember the morning.

I was playing with some tops with my friends and a guy came in a bit late and said a plane had hit a building in NY.

I thought it was a Cessna or something but we later saw it on the news.

Re: 9/11 Memorial

Spec said:
On September 11, 2001, four U.S. planes hijacked by terrorists crashed into the World Trade Center, the Pentagon and a field in Pennsylvania killing nearly 3,000 people in a matter of hours. Behind the staggering number of deaths are the individuals, each of whom left behind family, friends and co-workers who feel the national tragedy on a personal level. This topic is established to remember those who died. Please remember all who have passed in this trajic accident, and for those of who dont know what it is like to loose a loved one, please feel sorrow for your friends and family who have lost, because it is a horrible feeling, and no one should have to die young or at the wrong time.
Very well put, it must of taken a lot of solemn deep thinking.

Brookfield said:
I too can't believe it's been five years, & now they are going build another very tall building, although they say it's actually four built together, to me it's another huge target, what happened to the idea to build several much smaller buildings, perhaps Bush thinks that el Quieda will be no more when it's completed.

Yes, I too see it as another target.

But they are doing it for 3 reasons.
1: So they terrorist's don't win.
2: Because you can fit alot more people in a 130 story high building then in a 10 story high building.
3: A nice remembererence for the twins.

5 years ago today i was in 6th grade 2nd period social studies class. no one knew what was going on because as you walked in the hallways all you saw were people crying. until i got home because the school didn't want the kids to know what happened unless the parents of the kid came to pick them up.

after school i remember i went over my friends to watch it on the news and my dad had to go into the city because at the time he was a manager for JP Morgan Chase buildings in the world trade center area so naturally his building was covered in dust, papers, and i'm not happy to say people. since my dad was in the city at the time he has some really hard hitting photos that you WILL NEVER see in your entire life time.

being in new york really hit you hard even if you weren't in the city area.

Crabby... said:
Yes, I too see it as another target.

2: Because you can fit alot more people in a 130 story high building then in a 10 story high building.

they aren't making all 130 floors accessable. i believe its only going up to the floor where the planes hit and from their up will be empty floors in rememberance for all the people who died on those floors.

Man.. 5 Years.. I was 11 when it happened, It was in the morning for me. I was in my parents room talking before it was time for school (This was during the few weeks of middle school I wasn't homeschooled)

And we normally keep the TVs on the news stations so we saw it as soon as it happened. We were watching it live and I remember pointing at it saying "momma look theres another plane!" and bam, in it goes, it stopped my heart for a second. To think, I had just witnessed people die before my very eyes on television!

We were watching, and they filmed everything, I remember watching people jumping from the building (some were said to be lost, some just wanted to end it quickly, the pain of being on fire, the heat, unbarrable) They followed them from top to ground. I actually began to cry watching it. Even though I wasn't affected directly, I was a very caring kid, It hurt to know that someone would actually do that to people. I was an innocent kid, probably like everyone else my age at the time.

Then The Pentagon was hit, and news of another flight being out there. It was panic for everyone. No one knew what was going to happen next. I live near 3 major naval bases, so we didn't know any better, for all we knew we could be attacked. Needless to say that day was scary for everyone.

When I got to school I told all the teachers to tune in to the news stations so that we could see what was going on. I remember how everyone was struck with patriotism after it was said and done. I wanted to help everyone show their support, so I got out my little button maker and started making buttons to give to people at school. We charged like 50 cents for each button, just for price of materials. It was a big deal to everyone though. People just wanted to show their support in whatever way they could.

We sold ribbons and buttons and flags, and all sorts of stuff. I still see some of those buttons every now and then. You can see the flags still on car antennas, and pins on cashiers and whatnot, the magnetic buttons on convenience store counters. It really seemed to make people a little happier to have a way to show their support, Kind of like we made small difference in everyones attitude at the time.

Lol Sorry, Went off on another story, But that's my memory of it. After such a tragedy though, It was good to see how strong out nation came together. It's a shame that it took a tragedy, and now we dont have the same closeness we had afterwards, 5 years later

I vividly remember what I was doing. I was getting ready to go to school on 9/11/01 and my dad called from work and told my mom what happened, I woke up and saw the towers burning.... not too long after, the 2nd plane crashed. I remember not wanting to go to school that day, but I did to try to conquer my fear. I also couldn't sleep that night and I never can on 9/11 just because I get really scared and stuff.
My mom has a friend who lives near the Pentagon and she said that she felt the rumble of when the plane crashed and that it was the scariest thing she had ever experienced. When I was in Washington D.C. to visit family about two years ago I saw where they had rebuilt the pentagon and that was a very hard thing for me to see.

I'll never forget 9/11... and to all the firefighters, police officers, the heroes, and the victims who lost their lives R.I.P. we'll never forget

Back
Top Bottom