9/11

mark thorpe

Golden Master
5 year anniversary tomorrow.. my god thats gone quick..

post-1-1157916063.gif

i agree, all weekend theyve been showing specials/documentarys about flight 93/the towers/survivors etc.

lol what a pity the first person that posted about the anniversary isnt even american! Come on people!

I too can't believe it's been five years, & now they are going build another very tall building, although they say it's actually four built together, to me it's another huge target, what happened to the idea to build several much smaller buildings, perhaps Bush thinks that el Quieda will be no more when it's completed.

I'm from England too, what matters who posts first, the whole civilised world went into shock, I had nightmares the night I heard, my blood still runs cold when I see the two strikes again.

cause its not until tommrw

Exactly what I was going to say...

Trust me almost every American is thinking about it, every day for five years we have a moment of silence at our school. Trust me we haven't forgoten..

Those 5 years sure have gone quick although probably not for those who lost loved ones through it

Yeah, so many documentaries on the Discovery Channel, I watched them all so I could actually understand more/less more than I did or paid attention to when it did happen. I was younger than so I didn't pay a whole lot of attention to it (only 14 now, I was 9 I guess)..

I can still remember the day..I just pulled out of my driveway on my way to work listening to the radio (I hadn't had the tv or radio on that morning at the house). And all I really heard was about a plane crash into a building and the DJ's on the morning radio show were almost in tears. They played some music that I didn't like so I switched to the CD I had in and drove to work, I was still clueless at this point........

Then I pulled into my boss' house and walked in and he had it on the tv and I immediately thought it was a movie, until I saw the "Live MSNBC" on the screen and I knew it was real. I just stood there and watched, I watched as they showed the planes crashing over and over, and then the buildings collapse, one shortly after the other, again, showing it over and over, and I just couldn't believe my eyes.

We finally decided we should actually go out and do some work (Window Cleaners), and I spent the rest of the day listening to it on the radio in our work van as much as I possibly could. Later hearing about the 2 other planes that crashed, one into the Pentagon, and the other just to the south in Shanksville (about 2 1/2 hours from me), as well as the other buildings that collapsed and were damaged.

Then when the day was over, coming home and just watching CNN all night long just wishing that what I saw and heard was all a dream.......

It's definitly a day I will not forget as long as I live.

Back
Top Bottom