4 year university or tech school for computer jobs?

JimHa

Baseband Member
I'm currently a junior in high school looking for colleges. My dad and I have had some disagreements lately on which to apply to. My goal is to become a programmer or a network administrator or engineer(maybe all if possible) either would be fine maybe some other fields that I haven't tried might be good but what I need to know is when going for computer jobs does it make a difference if you were educated at a tech school like ITT Tech or a 4 year university which gives IT courses? Which one is better?

Thanks a lot

Probably a more specialized tech school would be your better option. I am in the UK so the rules are probably alot different over here so wait untill someone from your area posts.

Here in the states, you should do both.
Goto college and major in COmp Sci. Then after all thats done go and take your CERTS at a tech school. You will be better off doing both, and more viable in the market place too.

-Steve

You Americans are so crazy! :D Just a simple Computer Science Degree here.

Tech School indeed! :D Sounds like something from an action Movie.

LOL! Here in the US though, a comp sci degree will only get you into like help desk areas of IT. To get the certs you need a tech school.

As for the action movie bit. I swear to you, we now have a TV show here called last action star or something, its about ppl who compete to win a lead role in a action movie. That means your right, we do have schools of sorts for that here. hehehe

-Steve

Haha! I knew it.

Lol; I'm thinking of going to get a PhD after University? I don't know - I may. May be worth it.

Then I'll have to change my name to 'Lord Kalthorn, PhD'; cause Dr. Lord Kalthorn sounds crap.

Back
Top Bottom