3 red lights of doom :(

Kage

Golden Master
My Xbox 360 has died or seems to have done on me :(

It started when I went to test the TV out in Curry's and I took my Xbox 360 with me and connected it up as I have been doing through VGA.

Anyhow, it worked, but the screen looked strange, so they got me a Component cable, and set it to 720p, which looked right.

Then we shut the system off, and powered it back on, and low and behold, lights 1,3 and 4 flashing away at me.

This suggests a hardware failure:

http://www.llamma.com/xbox360/repair/Xbox-360-error-codes.htm

Weird thing is, that it happened in just switching it off and on.
I have tried countless of things that site suggests to no avail...

Error code:

0102 (using the eject/sync trick)
Unknown, but could be due to GPU issues apparently :(

You think if I contact Microsoft, they may give me a new HDMI version? :)

EDIT:

I also went to Game after this happened where I purcashed it, and they went into the back, and it worked apparently. Well he said it did...
But on two TV's now at home, I cannot get it to boot.

Call microsoft, they will replace it for sure. Cause they upped the warrenty to cover all these failures.

PPPFFFFFFFFFT!!!! microsoft being nice to the customers, ha, you make me laugh. they wont give you anything more than a recertified 360

My friends brother had his replaced like 3 times cause of this, lol. Hopefully they will give you an updated one.

Yeah, because HDMI seems the best option now.
If I get the same back, working of course, I might sell it for a HDMI version.

0800 numbers are free right?

wait till jan then all 360 will be running at 65nm and that hardware failure wont be a problem

Yeah, but chances are, i'll get the same one back anyway :p
But yeah, if I sell, I may.

Just sent the e-mail for the thing to be delivered, whatever it is.

Dude, I've had to send 2 different 360s back. Micro$oft just replaced both the console's with me though:)

Back
Top Bottom