2009 Prom

I'm going to mine. June 24th. In the UK you only get one. End of high school. I'm going to mine, even tho it's not really my kind of thing traditionally, it is the last big hurrah at the end of the most essential point of my education and the last time a lot of my friends will be seen.

Also a big reason why i'm going to this one. Have been offered some, light relief for after the prom with this girl i like a lot. lol

I had to pay $120 to rent one. I found out Burlington Coat factory had the whole set selling for $99, haha. I was really pissed.

I've always wondered, how come men rent tuxedo's and women buy dresses?

Same thing with weddings, men rent and women buy.

They should have places that rent dresses for women too, for proms and weddings. Women sometimes pay hundreds of dollars for a prom dress and thousands of dollars for a wedding dress. Wear it once and put it away. Doesn't make sense to me.

GETINTHERE!
lol, will do

They should have places that rent dresses for women too, for proms and weddings. Women sometimes pay hundreds of dollars for a prom dress and thousands of dollars for a wedding dress. Wear it once and put it away. Doesn't make sense to me.

I've always thought it's because in both cases it's men who are paying. So whilst the men would rather save that money (and spend it on their stag do or enjoying their time or most likely, on the women) the women don't mind how much they're paying, because it ain't there's any way.

I didn't go to mine, because it was only the scumbags and the slags that went. Loads of us didn't go to ours at that time, actually; similarly our parents were expected to attend and they had to pay to be expected to attend so it got really expensive too.

I have a Graduation Ball a year from now though :D

Im going to mine too may 22nd well not technically a prom its my college leavers ball however same diff , not usually my sort of thing but i have a gf who wants to go so its sort of impleid that i ''take her to prom'' , luckily i have found a place to rent a tux for £32 which means i have more money for alcohol which is good
However i didnt go to my high school prom because my high school was just mostly full of whores and guys that treated them like shit but still got the girls so i didnt particularly enjoy the thought of a night in their company without any alcohol only being 16 at the time

I'm going to mine. June 24th. In the UK you only get one. End of high school. I'm going to mine, even tho it's not really my kind of thing traditionally, it is the last big hurrah at the end of the most essential point of my education and the last time a lot of my friends will be seen.
If you progress onto college there will most likely be one a the end of college if you dont stay on at your high schools sixth form and most unis if you progress on further have formal graduation ceremonies so you still got a few more yet
And lol at gcse'c being the most importatnt part of your education , ive heard that all the way since year 9 sats , the whole generic "these are the most important exams you will ever take "im just about to do my A levels in june/july and im being told the same by some teachers

well in my case certainly a decent tux can run you into £200 at least and you only get a few events in your life where you get to wear it prom/wedding thats about it . And you find most guys who do go to a lot of evening wear events will own their own tux

whereas my GF has spent about £100 for a full outfit for prom and she is planning on wearing it for her birthday in july and a few other parties whereas i can get away with jeans and a shirt at her b day

Back
Top Bottom