Woah guys..

Golden Master
Hey guys,

A lot of rude be behavior has been going on lately, and I believe we should use our manners, as we would in person. Just because you aren't face to face with someone, doesn't mean you can disrespect them. If you have an issue with a member, take a small breath, and move on, and ignore him or her, instead of making comments that might affect him/ her.

Remember, sometimes they don't mean to be what you think of them. Just be considerate of others, and don't make replies, such as, “stupid thread”.

Don't like it? Move on, and ignore the thread.

So just a note, be nice, and use your please and thank you'd, as it affects everyone, in an overall positive manner!
:)

Good plan. On a completely unrelated note, did you see that thread about the law George Bush signed? Pretty interesting.

This is a boilerplate model of the rules we were working on a good while back. From this evolved the ones posted. I kinda liken this version as more of a rules of the road kind of thing. It was a joint effort by some former members and myself, that now hang thier hat at my place. If you want to use them just acknowledge who wrote them.

If you conform to the following guidelines it will go a long way to ensuring a pleasant and positive experience for all.....PLEASE:

Make your questions (and responses) as clear and intelligible as possible. If English is your native language then please use punctuation and well structured sentences to whatever extent possible. Keep the questions short and to the point, avoiding "stories" as much as possible.

Avoid "chat lingo" & shorthand for the same reason as above. Some of us find it easier to read actual words and sentences than to try to figure out what abbreviations stand for.

Please give your post a relevant topic subject. Topics titled "Please Help" don't attract as much attention from our regulars as something more descriptive will.

Do not post new problems on someone else's thread. That's called hijacking. Aside from being rude, your question may get lost in the shuffle.

If you don't know the answer to a posted problem or have nothing intelligent or helpful to contribute, please don't post in that thread.

Try to post questions in the appropriate forum. Moderators will move them if needed, but it's easier for all concerned if they are where they belong in the first place.

When you get an error message you might want to write it down and search the exact message with Google... you may be surprised with what you find. You can also post that same exact error message here so we can help resolve the problem.

Don't try to build your post count with "welcomes" or by replying to every comment in an Off Topic thread you start. Nobody likes that and we're hip to what you are doing anyway.

Of course foul language and rude behavior will not be tolerated. Neither will spam.

Also off limits are discussions of warez, cracks, or any illegal downloading of software and other related topics.

Please do not post links to competing web sites in the social lounge or the hard/software sections. There are sub forums where those go.

Use common sense when posting. We are a public, global forum. We are frequented by people of all ages and nationalities. What you find humorous others may very well find strange or off colour. Keep in mind we are primarily a technical support forum....We enjoy a good giggle but do be mindful of others.

We enjoy a spirited debate but will not tolerate> Name calling, intolerance of others opinions, and information presented as fact without links to back it up.

Flaming of others as well as abusive pm's will not be tolerated.

By all means we want you to enjoy yourselves here - just remember what Computer Forums.org is all about and try to conduct yourselves accordingly.

You are posting problems and asking complete strangers to solve them with no expectation of reward other than the satisfaction of knowing we helped. Hey - that's what we're here for and we're happy to do it. Still, as is the case with pretty much everything we do in life, an occasional "please" and "thank you" won't hurt and are really nice to hear.

Computer Forum Rules 15.30 - 03.06.2005

Sticky this... Setishock's post deserves it. Very well said. I second all he said, and more.

jac006 said:
Sticky this... Setishock's post deserves it. Very well said. I second all he said, and more.

As much as I like seti, and his posts, thats almost a quote from the rules. So if people would just read the rules, we wouldn't have so many problems.. I talk like Im perfect.. weird.. lol..

Still though, it's out there. Most people don't pay attention to the rules... if only there was some way to get people to read the rules...

jac006 said:
Still though, it's out there. Most people don't pay attention to the rules... if only there was some way to get people to read the rules...
True. The only reason I read them, Is because i was bored one day.. :D

Exactly... if we could get some thing where every member reads the rules... man... life would be so much better...

Dude, ive read the rules, and still, I have problems taking stuff from people. But id like to say, so im gettin better, haha..

Back
Top Bottom