vBulletin 4 discussion thread.

I would have to disagree on the Logo, maybe as a forum noob I'm out of line here, but I think the Logo needs to be updated. I do agree on the color scheme though and the rep system points.

Tom you might want to change your sig. The Google G1 is really out dated i've had it for like a yr and a half and I cant wait to get a new phone. Also, you think you would really interest in here if the whole style changes to the newer VB. This forum has looked the same way for years. Which is a good thing in way bc thats this forums style. If we keep the same colors and crap just will icons just changed around. I'm sure it wont be that bad... It might just take some getting use to at first.
I'm just saying i've been on a number of forums where i felt really at home and then on the back of a VB update they decided to move all kinds of things round, make it all flash and there was rather a large pilgrimage straight out of there.

I think the color scheme is definitely a must-keep, as well as the general form of our CF logo. It would be a good idea, however, to polish the logo; you know, make the image sharper.
Agreed, wouldn't hurt to clean the logo up, but i personally don't want an overhaul on the sites theming
[Get your insults out, I will hear quite a bit for this]

One of the most important reputation is the one that the new users give you after you help them with a problem. Equally important is the reputation that a established member gives you for helping them with a real life problem, or maybe they think you've been doing a good job helping others. The reputation that's useless are the ones for a funny remark, or the ones that are given when you have a strong opinion that another person happens to agree with. I don't know exactly how the reputation system works (if you can disable it on certain forums or if you can set the amount of rep a person gives to you so its the same for everyone), but some changes to make it reflect the ability of a member to help others would make it much more valuable.
It does suck that helping an establishing new users at CF can't really be rewarded by them it doesn't make all that much sense. If the rejig of the site were to bring a few more moderators on board then we could afford to bring the amount of swing noobs have on reputation up to par as there'd be less risk of it being abused by rep-chasers (not that i feel that's the kind of thing CF members would do, we're a pretty tight knit, honest bunch)
I would have to disagree on the Logo, maybe as a forum noob I'm out of line here, but I think the Logo needs to be updated. I do agree on the color scheme though and the rep system points.
It wouldn't be that you're out of line, maybe you're just looking at the whole thing differently to us more established members. A change of logo could be opened up to members' suggestions might be worthwhile but i'm an old-skool lover of the site's design, plus it hardly pushes new members away does it Infection, you're still here my friend

I like the current logo, and I don't think it needs to be changed.

I'm just saying i've been on a number of forums where i felt really at home and then on the back of a VB update they decided to move all kinds of things round, make it all flash and there was rather a large pilgrimage straight out of there.

I agree. I hate when sites update VB and change everything possible around..I do the same as you...leave. It's no different to a piece of software that gets a massive overhaul in a new version and even though it may be the same program that does the same things it drives me away with a stupid interface. It's a fine line between a good upgrade and a bad upgrade IMO.

I agree. I hate when sites update VB and change everything possible around..I do the same as you...leave. It's no different to a piece of software that gets a massive overhaul in a new version and even though it may be the same program that does the same things it drives me away with a stupid interface. It's a fine line between a good upgrade and a bad upgrade IMO.

Do you think that David will move things around in a big way?

I don't think so personally, reason being is it's because members are donating the money, so really he has to listen.

You misunderstood me. What I meant was if your attitude is going to be that David "owes" you something for your donation then DON'T donate.

You misunderstood me. What I meant was if your attitude is going to be that David "owes" you something for your donation then DON'T donate.

Oh no! I didn't mean that. :eek:

I mean that if he gets the license and 95% of it came from members then he would have to do things their way too not just his, otherwise there will be an uproar.

Back
Top Bottom