Upgrade to Invision

Invision is free, 1.3 that is.

And I happen to think Invision is a great software, I use it for all my 4 sites.

VB costs $168.00USD to buy. $85.00USD a year to lease. You get one year free upgrades. After that it's $35.00USD for upgrades. Invision is $185.00USD to buy. $65.00USD to lease. And they don't show the after the first year costs.
Now as for the upgrades from VB they cover security and bug fixes primarly. They also fix operational problems with features. Add a few features here and there. If you want to add things to VB, such as an arcade or a store, you can go to other sites and get free things or pay for some. The front page software is free.

I personally like Invision Power Board more, just because it is more user friendly and I find the interface far more attractive. The older versions (1.3x and below) were the only free ones, but they were not very good.

I believe Invision is now up to 2.1.3 and it's looking great! Unfortunately it now does cost money, as does vBulletin. In terms of security, they both have their flaws. You could do a google search for each and there would probably be too many to read.

I also really like vBulletin, but I believe that the newer versions of Invision are really starting to compete with the newer versions of vBulletin. User friendly support is available for FREE for MANY Invision sites, while vBulletin support is far more exclusive. The Admin CP in Invision gives much more control over the site; the one is vBulletin has more options but this is only because they bloat the software with every mod anyone could ever be looking for.

The other good thing about a lifetime Invision license is that it gives free upgrades for EVERY change Invision makes. They have tons of sites full of free skins and mods; even mod requests. I used vBulletin for about a year and couldn't find any of this...

I am not, by any means, saying CF should switch; I like both forum systems. I feel, however, that IPB is really starting to outshine Vb.

As much as i think Invision kicks a$$ and love it, i think this forum is just fine, Vb is fine,

I mean david not so long ago updated the version, from i dunno but to this style/3.0.7,(think) updated, its fine i guess.. david updated..

Plus it wouldnt be cheap so doing that david would lose so freaking much, money and others etc etc...

Back
Top Bottom