Update On Sites Hack

JCB1

Daemon Poster
Hi

There have been many threads created about the recent hacking of this site, And I just wanted to update everyone on this situation.

-First of all we have found out exactly how the hacker got in and how they managed to access the admin section. We do not believe they had access to the SQL Database (Where they can pull users passwords) only the Admincp where they could not see passwords only reset passwords. The hackers got my password and made the following changes

-Removed Mods Reps
-Removed Mods Blue Colour
-Removed my sig :(
-Changed a Forum Name

As far as I can see they have not changed anything else.

They managed to get in because the sites software firewall was down due to the server running out of disk space. This will not happen again as I have fixed the space issue and have also setup monitoring if the space goes to 70% / 80% / 90% & 100%

On Tuesday after the hack I fixed the issue with the firewall. Then on Wednesday we got hacked again, the firewall was up, This time I relised they had my password. So at this time I reset all passwords and also implemented many more security protection. Since then we have had no issues.

I know exactly how they got in and dont worry they are not getting in again.

I urge all of you not to strike back in revenge to the attackers of this site. We have identified all the hackers that were involved and I am in the process of "Taking Action" in a professional way. This is all im going to say about this at this time. I will keep you all updated.

Thanks for your patience and support during this time

Thank you for the information, JCB. I for one, appreciate the time and effort that you spend maintaining this website.

I think it's time to get the mod's their well deserved rep back ^_^

It doesn't really work like that... You'll need to either rep us all multiple times (to spread it out) or start a donation fund where people are willing to donate theirs...

^_^

Eh in the end, rep is rep. I miss it but it'll eventually come back.

Back
Top Bottom