Tutorials Section

iPwn

..m.0,0.m..,
How useful would it be to post a tutorials section where members could type tutorials for newbs?

Edit: This could go under individual sections like a tutorials section for Hardware, or Software, Programming etc.

It's a pretty good idea. I would start by creating its own section and pulling guides from various other sections into one place. I don't know how many guides we have out there, but it still wouldn't be an easy task for the mods to search everything out. I assume if they want help we could pull up the links for them. They can then sticky the best ones. I understand that there is a thread with links to various guides, but I'm not so sure how effective and updated that is.

Hmm - in principle I agree, though I think it depends how many good tutorials we're actually seeing out there. If we start to see lots then I'd agree, all the while it's just a few though perhaps the guides could be stickied in their relevant sections?

The only issue with the above I have is, if there were truly some dedicated folks out there to make some good tutorials, the various sections would become quite loaded with stickies.

if there were truly some dedicated folks out there to make some good tutorials, the various sections would become quite loaded with stickies.
Of course - I was just presenting the other side of the coin.

The other practical thing is there may be some really keen people out there that create some truly appalling tutorials simply because they think they know more than they do...!

Of course - I was just presenting the other side of the coin.

Touche'
berry120 said:
The other practical thing is there may be some really keen people out there that create some truly appalling tutorials simply because they think they know more than they do...!

True, and I know who you're talking about :D
I think there should be a dedicated reviewer of the tutorials then to really make sure the information being presented to our audience is good info.

I think there should be a dedicated reviewer of the tutorials then to really make sure the information being presented to our audience is good info.
Sounds like a good idea to me. I've also just thought the rarely used thread rating system could really come into play here :)

Hell, I'd even have time to test the tutorials out. And with a virtual box, could test any system too.

Hell, I'd even have time to test the tutorials out. And with a virtual box, could test any system too.
Thing is though even if they work, you've no guarantee that it's a good tutorial. I could tell you how to setup apache on a linux box to work really easily, whilst making it stupidly inefficient and riddled with security holes... :)

Back
Top Bottom