Suggestion: Posts don't count in Social Lounge.

Too many people, including myself have little chit chats in the social lounge all the time. I hate how it can get your post count up. Wouldn't it be much better if all of our peoples posts shown in their post count were technical ones? Just a suggestion but its one I think should really happen.

post counts are sort of a way of showing how much experience you have, and post counts are awesome, they should all count.

Swift said:
Lol you say that because you know you're only in the social lounge

lol, Yet you say that just because you have some stupid childish problem with me, thats not my problem..thats yours :p

(hell.. i dont even know who you are.. or care)

AND..for a matter of fact, no your post counts shouldnt matter, i also say that for people posting in the social lounge that the posts should'nt count aswell, so there, shove that in your pipe and smoke it..
..thats if you already havent.. :rolleyes:
*cough lYk tOtAly oWnzezzzerrrs ..ah.. cough*

edit: oh yah and coz i dont post as offen in the tech/comp help as some is coz i dont BUILD computers..as of yet..im still learning so therefor i cant help other people if IM still trying to get help and learn, im one to admit, im dumb compered to alot of you, sorry i cant be as smart as you and others.
Not that i should have to explain myself to a smart alec like you!

Agreed...

post counts shouldn't matter, I think that the reputation of members should be based on reputation points alone, and those reputation points should only be able to be awarded in the tech sections, and only by either the person who asked the question, or in the event that a question asker dispears without awarding points, a moderator should be able to award the points on the members behalf,

some thing like experts-exchange (if anyone knows that site).

the post count/member status based on post count only leads to pointless spam threads.

guru - a teacher and guide.
the word conjurs thoughts of vast expriance or knowledege that is shared with people, not someone who has a lot of social discussions.

oh yah and coz i dont post as offen in the tech/comp help as some is coz i dont BUILD computers

Same here, the general computer hardware and software is becoming more and more like soemthing that resembles a hardware shop ... seeing as though i've never built a computer means that i can not participate as much, i'm ok with computer software it's just that computer hardware i am not very familiar with

guru - a teacher and guide.
the word conjurs thoughts of vast expriance or knowledege that is shared with people, not someone who has a lot of social discussions.

Brilliantly put, i absolutely agree ;)

geek_gal said:
AND..for a matter of fact, no your post counts shouldnt matter, i also say that for people posting in the social lounge that the posts should'nt count aswell, so there, shove that in your pipe and smoke it..
..thats if you already havent.. :rolleyes:
*cough lYk tOtAly oWnzezzzerrrs ..ah.. cough*

edit: oh yah and coz i dont post as offen in the tech/comp help as some is coz i dont BUILD computers..as of yet..im still learning so therefor i cant help other people if IM still trying to get help and learn, im one to admit, im dumb compered to alot of you, sorry i cant be as smart as you and others.
Not that i should have to explain myself to a smart alec like you!

Can you try to use some proper spelling next time? Is it really hard to spell "because" instead of "COZ". Also, you making fun of gamer nerds, that's really original.

Back
Top Bottom