Suggestion to have a malware section!

I think that it should die where it stands. But that is my opinion.
I am glad that we cannot "like or smite" comments, but if I could like yours I would.

i'm new

but about helping people to clean Malware

if to meany people offer help it can confuse the person asking for help

also when the people offering to help the OP start arguing over who is the right fix starts to really confuse the OP

i'v seen it before and that is why some forums only allow trained people to help

:)

James

Hi James! IMHO there shouldn't be any arguing over who has the right fix. I'm sure the owners will decide how malware is handled here, or even if it is handled here. There is talk of a merger in the future and so will probably might change. IMHO malware fighters are a little over rated these days.

Freak has a very valid point, though. Someone who is clueless about malware removal or who thinks they know what they are talking about when they don't can cause more issues rather than helping the situation. I have seen this with my own eyes way to many times.

I agree that there will have to be some control over this. I'm sure the owners will make the decision how this will be handled and I will abide by their decision. I have no formal training, but I have removed a ton of malware. I guess we will just have to wait and see what the future holds for the forum!!

I'll take hands on, practical experience, over any formal training any day. Out here in the real world it's a lot scarier than any classroom could ever try to simulate. I'd rather have some one that's learned from trial and error than a book learned rooky with zero practical experience.

I'll take hands on, practical experience, over any formal training any day. Out here in the real world it's a lot scarier than any classroom could ever try to simulate. I'd rather have some one that's learned from trial and error than a book learned rooky with zero practical experience.

That's what I've been doing in the courses I've taken part in. We have clients bring in their personal systems which they say have viruses and we clean them up and we come across the occasional hard to eradicate virus like we had one laptop with a virus called BadUSB https://srlabs.de/badusb/ and every time you plugged in a USB stick it would become infected and kill it. I think these days its useless learning anything about computers/technology out of a book because its getting out dated every day.

I can agree with that, but I will take both. My issue is with those who are self-declared "experts" whose advice is worse than clicking the "top results" in a Google search. I have seen some who gave advice so bad that they destroyed entire installations of Windows over a simple adware infection.

Here's my thoughts. I would love helping with malware here on the forum. I have no formal training, but I remove malware every day. Maybe I have been lucky, but I haven't found any that I couldn't get rid of so far with 6 programs. I haven't seen any BIOS infections, which I hear are the worst. Those kind are usually after the big guys and aren't interested in the average user. IMHO there may be a time when saving the data and restoring to factory would be the best choice. I realize that helping someone with malware through a forum is a lot different that when you have the PC in front of you.
I agree with setishock that hands on experience is better than school and IMHO malware trained users are a little over rated and many times a little conceited. I was banned from a forum because I recommended a OP run malwarebytes. That's a little over the top. What ever decision the forum makes, I will abide by it.

Hi! This will probably get me some negative comments, but this is the way I feel about trained malware hunters. They all have a suggestion in their signatures; where if they helped you, you can make a small donation to them.
That rubs me the wrong way. Are they there to help or to make a few dollars? Most help forums like this one have members that donate their time to help their members and don't ask or expect a donation. I have learned that this forum does not except donations? I have tried to follow some malware hunters to learn from them. They seem to want to hold on to their secrets and say that's because they don't want the people who create malware to learn their secrets. I say bull to that. The malware creators all ready know all the secrets. Some malware fighters are on dozens of help forums, which makes me wonder if that's the way they make a living.
I think that's pretty sorry as they use programs developed by company's like MBAM and others to clean up malware; and all they contribute is they post the links that will clean your PC and have you post the results.
These are my thoughts and not the thoughts of this forum. We will just have to wait to see what those that own this site decide about this subject.
PS I'm always to windy, to friendly, and to much information!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom