stickies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think there is a sticky overkill. In fact don't we want to prevent people from making thread after thread about those things in the hardware forum.. like desktops screenshots?

im with jay on this one... there should be less stickies, theres only 7 now, but most are galleries, one of which is locked... that, imo shouldnt be a sticky...

hmmm. I agree the gallery sticky are a little useless... they fit inside of the main oage description, but it is more of a general computer help part, than a general computer discussion part.

IMHO there doesn't need to be a stick for each individual problem... there needs to be a locked and controlled FAQ thread, that moderators can add approoved posts to, as and when they see fit.

there were 10 out of 35 of every page as a sticky to start with, thats quite a few, theres only 7 now, which is slightly better, but the usefull spyware ones are not in general any more... i think that they should be, if the galleries are being posted in, they would come back up anyway...

10 is very few? one of them is even locked and is a gallery come on!

well its only 7 now, not too bad, but my point remains the same

root said:
hmmm. I agree the gallery sticky are a little useless... they fit inside of the main oage description, but it is more of a general computer help part, than a general computer discussion part.

IMHO there doesn't need to be a stick for each individual problem... there needs to be a locked and controlled FAQ thread, that moderators can add approoved posts to, as and when they see fit.

Now there's a capitol idea. If the answer isn't covered in the FAQ then post a question. And detailed instructions on how to do a search.
But then the posts here now would need to be cleaned up. Ya'll know what I'm talking about.

jay8990 said:
10 is very few? one of them is even locked and is a gallery come on!

well its only 7 now, not too bad, but my point remains the same

I still stand by the solid hard fact that the gallery threads prevent people from opening hundreds of threads on the topics. These threads are very useful and are informative too. They give people ideas on what they could do with their computer based on the ideas of others. I think it would be unwise to delete or unsticky any of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom