Recent errors

59.174.189.107 - - [23/Mar/2009:22:38:44 +0000] "GET /movie/server1/iirfv/1.rmvb HTTP/1.1" 404 44827 "-" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727)"

There are thousands of logs entries like these. Notice the bandwidth anmount, 45MB!

I've been getting the 410 half the time lately, and the other time, it takes a good while to load (20 seconds or so, vs. the usual 2-5 it usually takes). I could see the DOS attack being the culprit, though.

There are thousands of logs entries like these. Notice the bandwidth anmount, 45MB!

Thousands of these during what kind of time period? There's no doubt that these requests are putting a huge strain on the server. I think a few of these requests a second from multiple (or even a single host) could cause problems like our whiteouts. The returned amount I think was also 45KB, which flatout seems wrong for a 404 error which I would have thought would have been 0.

Mind emailing me a sample of the logs during a CF "whiteout"?

yea its running slower than usual. i even said that in another thread. although straight after the upgrade it was fine.

Thousands of these during what kind of time period? There's no doubt that these requests are putting a huge strain on the server. I think a few of these requests a second from multiple (or even a single host) could cause problems like our whiteouts. The returned amount I think was also 45KB, which flatout seems wrong for a 404 error which I would have thought would have been 0.

Mind emailing me a sample of the logs during a CF "whiteout"?

Yeah quite a few / second. I'll forward to a few entries

I thought the site had been running alot faster, but it still goes out periodically...

I wonder... out of all forums..... The computerforum has the damn computer and server probelms

Back
Top Bottom