reCAPTCHA

Status
Not open for further replies.
guys, how many spam bots target forums without any captchas? A LOT of them. When was the last time we had much spam?

Yea, it'd be great, but until we are 100% white screen free I think its best to keep the server less bogged down with other stuff.
Give me a break. A captcha isn't going to "bog down the server". ReCaptchas are ran by ReCaptcha itself, not on this server so it wouldn't increase the server load anyway. :rolleyes:

Give me a break. A captcha isn't going to "bog down the server". ReCaptchas are ran by ReCaptcha itself, not on this server so it wouldn't increase the server load anyway. :rolleyes:

yea, but to be honest I really think that getting rid of white screens for good should be our number one priority. This can follow it.

This takes a whole 40 seconds to do. Just because there are white screens doesn't mean no other suggestions can be considered.

I'll tell you what: Lets get the mods to count the number of automated spam messages they delete in a week (basically anything except george and his friends).

I bet it will not be that high. There are only so many spammers you can get rid of. I think we are at that point.

I'll tell you what: Lets get the mods to count the number of automated spam messages they delete in a week (basically anything except george and his friends).

I bet it will not be that high. .

I beg to differ.

I think this reCAPTCHA would be a good thing. It certainly can not hurt. When the captcha was first put on it was sposed to end all the spam bots. But there are still dozens deleted each week

Some spammers do one simple post and leave the advertisements in their sig too...I think that's annoying...it could get rid of them too if most of them are bots.

I beg to differ.

I think this reCAPTCHA would be a good thing. It certainly can not hurt. When the captcha was first put on it was sposed to end all the spam bots. But there are still dozens deleted each week

ok, fine. I guess I'm wrong then. I guess our mods are better than before because I remember pre-captcha it was like 12 I saw a week, now I'm luck if I see one a week.

I also use this on my site. Not sure if it would help here though. It's still extremely sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom