Priviledged members

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah,first the spam problems,Then worry about the cosmetics of the forum,Although other cosmetic things would be better to fix up than avatar sizes.

I don't see what the big deal is. If 100x100 avatars were to be implemented, all members that current can use custom avatars should be able to use them IMO.

It would look kind of weird if everyone had small avatars and then there were a few select people with larger ones.

I think what we have is actually pretty good. I don't mind it but that's just me.

nothings going to be done about this. no point posting tbh.
would be nice though. 100 x 100 offers a lot of possibilities

Not, really, I said Privileged members, and if you didn't notice my avatar is 65x65(so I did resize it), I wouldn't be able to upload if it was any bigger anyway, and I'm just saying it for the privileged members, so maybe they would be a little more distinguished. And I don't think that it will get out of control, your acting like letting 35 more pixels will let the forum end up turning into one GIANT avatar image :rolleyes:

edit: I have a suggestion that might actually benefit the forum...delete the suggestions forum. Then you wouldn't have to waste your time turning down all these ideas, and could focus your time on doing something more productive like cleaning up the spam.

Hi David. Hope you're doing ok. Seems like some of the natives are getting restless again.

As for the ones that are always wanting more and more let me say this. David is the owner/operator of the forum. Like me, he has a vision of how he wants things to look and run. He, like my friend Buzz, pays the hosting. That can put a dent in your wallet for sure. Good hosting is not cheap.

As for the titles and the avatars, with a few key strokes all that can be brought to a screeching halt. Sigs too. It seems to me, and I'd bet real money a few others, that some of you want more just to want more. Sigs and avatars and titles have nothing to do with how much you can help others having a problem with their computers. It doesn't signify how smart or helpful you are. It's just something you want so you get your ego stroked. Frack that garbage. You want to get your ego stroked? Try offering help that is sound and beneifical to some one desperatly in need. When it works and they come back to say thank you then that by God should be enough.

This is a computer forum with a lively social lounge. Not a daycare center.
Be happy you have a place to go that doesn't cost you one red cent. If operators charged you to be a member then that indeed would be a differnt story. But we don't. So sit down, shut up, and admire the view.

I'm done...

100 x 100 is a decent size, people wouldnt abuse that.
at the end of the day we just want whats good for cf with a few perks.
we never push our luck. we just want what is standard on most forums! thats the reality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom