Please Read.

For the last 3 days it's been slow/unusable in the morning...

... but in the evening, after about 1600hrs, it's back to normal.

I have just got back here, the site's been playing up for me. And the Vbulletin version is a couple of years out of date.

OK firstly I'd like to say I do still care despite what people may think.

Personally I haven't had a white screen for 6 months on here so I've never really found it a problem.

To demonstrate that I do care, as everyone seems to want it so bad I'm willing to upgrade to vb4. It appears the license is $195, so lets see if we can get some donations in to paypalpayments@lindonnetworks.com

Edit:

After looking into it, I think the publishing suite might be the best option ($285), this allows a load more options such as wiki articles etc. Have a look http://www.vbulletin.com/index.php?do=screenshots

Upgrading vBulletin is not going to solve this problem. It may help bury it for a few weeks, but it's not getting to the heart of the issue.

There's something wrong with your host or sever configuration and you need to get to the bottom of it.

I'm sorry, but I'm not going to be donating a dime if all that will happen is a VB update. That's not going to solve ANYTHING, as J said. I would GLADLY donate to help fund hosting this site on a DEDICATED server that doesn't throw fits all the time. Functional website > VB update. Obviously, both would be ideal, but if it can only be one it needs to be getting a better server because the one you have now, David--to be blunt--is utter crap.

this is my first time reading this thread. i never had a problem with this forum. ive seen downtime. but its always been quite fast for me and all icons have always loaded properly. Never once have i hit post and it not have made it through. I will donate to upgrade the vb. I just want to know who and how much has been donated. Your UK money is worth a lot more then the $ so I can see it being that much of a problem for you guys to donate lol
btw, i was in england a few weeks ago for the first time. I wish I could a accent :(

I would GLADLY donate to help fund hosting this site on a DEDICATED server that doesn't throw fits all the time.
Problem is this isn't just an expensive one off payment, it's an expensive payment that needs to happen monthly - one off donations are all well and good but most likely won't come near to covering the costs of upgrading to a dedicated server (that's a guess though since I obviously don't know what David's paying at present.)

David,
The current version of VB is 4.0.5. It's very unstable at the moment and is even more server resource intensive than this version ever dreamed of being.
It's complicated and has to have the templates updated every time a new version comes out.
I would take a hard look at your server and consider moving to one that has less traffic on it and is managed better. Might even want to look into a VPS. Any version of VB has trouble running on a crowded shared server. You jump to VB 4x on your current server and the problems you're having now will be minor in comparision. Although getting VB4 would be nice, that's not the answer to the problem.

IAny version of VB has trouble running on a crowded shared server.

I doubt it has anything to do with vBulletin. Any community forum software will have trouble running on a oversold server. It's not like it's special or anything.

Takes me a minimum of 60 seconds to open up any page on this site at any time of they day now..usually a lot longer than that, a couple of minutes most times. Spam removal is now impossible from here in Australia.

Well today, again, at 1400hrs GMT it takes me 10 minutes to reply to a query. I shouldn't need to wait till the evening, when server response times are faster, to help people out here.

What's up with the server here? Why is it slow in the morning/afternoon and runs fine in the evening?

Back
Top Bottom