OverClocking Section - Broad Scope

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. The only issue I can see with that is OC'ing video cards though. That does come up every now and then.

Me too. That's how most of the other forums I frequent have it. It could be titled as Processors and Overclocking.
The subsections are always overlooked. If we want to attract the more serious members, it needs to be on the front page next to general hardware.

I personally think overclocking could fit under the "Processors" forum.

Technically yes, but if one has a mindset like this then a lot of the forums we have could be put else where. I think this forum has more than enough people who like to OverClock that it could be one of the hottest division of forum. The reason why it shouldn't be "Processors and OverClocking" is because OverClocking involves much more than just your processor. The title would seem inappropriate. I think this is the best solution:

General Hardware & Software
-Gallery
-Media
-OverClocking
-Reviews

Processors can easily fit into General Hardware category. It doesn't deserve its own section as it's unfair to other components that are equally important. On the other hand, OverClocking is an advanced process (at least if you're looking for top results); there is nothing general about it. Therefore, it deserves its own section.

Doesn't that defeat the purpose of the suggestions thread?

The suggestions thread is to get others opinions before you PM David, or to get support before you PM him. And also to make sure your idea isn't an epic fail

No, you misunderstood what I meant, I meant to PM David to call his attention to the poll threads, I very much doubt he has the time to read every thread/post, so I put a thread in the mod lounge asking him to come here and reply, which I see he did.

I voted for "not sure" but I forgot to log in.
I seem to get all the help I need for overclocking in the "General Computer Hardware And Software" section. So it would be pointless for me, but might be great for others.
There are up and downs for this though, but we won't know the results unless we try.

No, you misunderstood what I meant, I meant to PM David to call his attention to the poll threads, I very much doubt he has the time to read every thread/post, so I put a thread in the mod lounge asking him to come here and reply, which I see he did.

I see what you mean, that makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom