Newegg Links (Can we fix them sometime this month?)

dude_56013

Fully Optimized
Okay. Seriously. This is REALLY getting old. The Newegg affiliate program does not work, JCB. It needs to be fixed.

When a link is posted, the affiliate program amends the link to add the affiliate in front of the Newegg link.

HOWEVER, when the post is edited or previewed, or if a link from a previously posted link is copied and pasted, then the affiliate program AMENDS THE LINK AGAIN. This means, there are two affiliate links in front of the Newegg link, which caused the link to be broken and return to the Newegg homepage.

PLEASE can we get this fixed JCB? There's no way that this can continue like it is. It's too taxing on people trying to help each other here on the forum. I'm getting sick of it, and I'm sure others are as well.

I really disagree with the NewEgg affiliate thing. I feel that we should encourage people to use bit.ly or something instead...

Guess he's trying to milk more milk from this cow.

I imagine more trying to pay hosting costs that profit from you helping others out.

But yeah, if something's broken if does need fixing.

People put a lot of time into making parts lists... I know that there are servers costs etc, but it feels like a profit is being made from other peoples hard work... if you know what I mean?

But whatever - I don't even use Newegg :)

People put a lot of time into making parts lists... I know that there are servers costs etc, but it feels like a profit is being made from other peoples hard work... if you know what I mean?

But whatever - I don't even use Newegg :)

That's what I feel. And I'm getting really f@$king sick of it, to be honest. I'm sick of ALREADY taking time out to help people and find the links, and then taking TWICE as much time AGAIN to go back and fix links for the people I'm helping. Or waiting for other people to fix their links before I help them. It's BS. I'd like to know where JCB is right now. I've PM'd him twice on the issue. I've posted in RCC. I've complained IN thread. And now I've started this.

Maybe you should stop complaining and just wait until he gets back to you then.

Hi, sorry for the slow reply, ive been away for the last week. The links are now fixed, let me know if theres still an issue

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom