To Help Newer members...

I have noticed the quality of new members has been on a decline and i think it may be due to the rules section,it's quite hidden away and new member might not find it! Also it should be revised and condensed.

There is a way on Vbulletin to have them read the rules prior to getting their account activated but it is just one of those I have read the rules check boxes so I'm not sure if a lot of people would actually read them before signing up or just check the box...:D

Maybe if you made it like..
Rule 1. Click next to continue.
Rule 2. Click next to continue.
Rule 3. Click next to continue.
Do you agree to these Rules?
Finish signing up account.

I've been here for years and i'm fairly sure i don't know em yet. I know where they are but without a system like vampist's it's not really gunna come across as the most appealing piece of literature

I have noticed the quality of new members has been on a decline and i think it may be due to the rules section,it's quite hidden away and new member might not find it! Also it should be revised and condensed.

Huh...What...New memeber...Did someone call me?

Rules? This place has rules!?

All kidding aside, there could be a lot of reasons new members are on the decline the economy not being the lease. But I have to agree that the easyer it is to find the rules the better. I've been posting on forums for longer than I care to admit, but I can tell you that the sites with good rules, and moderators that inforce the rules, are the best. I things that can be learned on internet forums has alway amazed me.

Maybe if you made it like..
Rule 1. Click next to continue.
Rule 2. Click next to continue.
Rule 3. Click next to continue.
Do you agree to these Rules?
Finish signing up account.

If that were to happen then most people will either thinks its too much of a hassle to register and not do it at all, or will just keep clicking the "next".

Back
Top Bottom