Forum Layout

Indigo

Fully Optimized
I like helping folks with hardware and new builds, but I think they have gotten to the point that they should be separated. New Builds should go in their own forum, maybe something like "Help me buy/build" etc.

I'm against this. I like the layout the way it is. No need to clutter the site with extra forums.

I think Og speaks of a sub-forum, not additional clutter on the homepage.

I think Og speaks of a sub-forum, not additional clutter on the homepage.

Well that's a good idea in that case.
But do we really get that many build review requests? Looking at that forum, there's only 3 or 4 threads there related to building, while the rest are specifically about hardware.

I don't think it's a terrible idea, and just because there's only four threads on the first page doesn't mean there's not a lot. The hardware forum is probably the most active so you're seeing diluted results if you're looking specifically at the first page.

Definitely, and yes, a subforum would be a fine way to do it - just like there is with the Processor's forum under Hardware.

The main reason I suggest this is that a lot of legitimate "Help!" threads get pushed to the bottom of the hardware forum when someone posts a build request / build idea thread. Those threads are the bread & butter of DIY sites like this one, so it might be nice to just have them all in a sub forum so that folks can get attention on just those, and the other threads stay near the top where they deserve to be.

Definitely, and yes, a subforum would be a fine way to do it - just like there is with the Processor's forum under Hardware.

The main reason I suggest this is that a lot of legitimate "Help!" threads get pushed to the bottom of the hardware forum when someone posts a build request / build idea thread. Those threads are the bread & butter of DIY sites like this one, so it might be nice to just have them all in a sub forum so that folks can get attention on just those, and the other threads stay near the top where they deserve to be.

I see how that would help now. I'm all for it if JCB wants to do it :D

Back
Top Bottom