CF Mobile

The_Lucas

Daemon Poster
Hey guys,
I know you've got the Forum Runner app, but I'm presenting something here that's much better than that and can work alongside it, across almost all mobile devices at no cost to either the forum owners or the users:
vBulletin 4.1.2 Mobile Style - Blogs - vBulletin Community Forum
It works well, I've used it on my iPod Touch 4G on the vB site, and I thought it would be a great idea for improving the traffic of CF and otherwise making it easier for members.
It comes with vB 4.1.2, the release details are here: vBulletin 4.1.2 now available for download
Is it possible that CF can be upgraded in the near future?

I'd let 4.1.2 stew a while before jumping on it. If you can see that it's available for down load then you should read the 4.x help and trouble shooting forum as well. It's a good barometer for gauging issues it may be having.

a cut down skin could be a good idea for mobile devices. I think there will be better skins than that one, I will look in to this at the weekend

That mobile style is a joke. It's got a lot of bugs and issues. I have 4.1.2 in a test setup and the mobile style is so bad I had to delete it.
You click on the preview button and it posts instead. There is no edit after posting. It's all custom templates and 2 stylevar changes so it's going to be tough fixing what problems it has.
I have to agree with JCB. You can either make one or go to vb org and find one that works with 4.0.6.

I made the jump to 4.1.2. If you want to see it in action you can follow the link in my sig. I have the mobile style installed. It should be painfully obvious what I was saying about the problems it has.

I made the jump to 4.1.2. If you want to see it in action you can follow the link in my sig. I have the mobile style installed. It should be painfully obvious what I was saying about the problems it has.

Well I like it for one. Yes it does have a few probs.

since we are on mobile. I installed forum runner free to try it out after the pop up told me cf supported it. I cant seam to find you in the search or browse. Any idea? I thought searching computer forums or computerforums.org would work. I got some random results.

Back
Top Bottom