April / May CF Competition

JCB1

Daemon Poster
Hi

I am Starting A new Competition "Article Of The Month". The title itself suggests what you need to do. Let me elaborate on the Rules And Regulations of the Competition.

1) The Article you Submit must be original and should pass our copy scape test

2) The Article must be
a) At least 500 words.
b) Is well formatted.
c) The topic of the article should not be duplicate of what already exists.
d) The article should be original.
e) Last but not the least the article should be computer related and fits in to one of the following categories Computer Articles

All Articles must be submitted in our competition forum @ http://www.computerforums.org/competition-forum/

The prizes will be

1st Place - Will go up depending how many entrys we get in total (Not just articles you submit).
1-3 Entrys - 20 usd
3-5 Entrys - 40 usd
5-9 Entrys - 60 usd
10-19 Entrys - 100 usd
20-25 Entrys - 150 usd
26-30 Entrys - 200 usd
31-40 Entrys - 250 usd
41-100 Entrys - 300 usd

2nd Place - 20 usd

3rd Place - 10 usd

All prize money can be paid directly in to your paypal or can be spent on ebay / Cool Gadgets at the Right Price - Worldwide Free Shipping - DealExtreme or on Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, HDTV, Electronics and Cameras!

After the competition the best five articles submitted (Which will be choosen by moderators and admins) will go in to a voting poll and voted on by the public. The winners will then be who finished 1st, 2nd and 3rd in the poll.

The competition will start now and will close on May 29th, So make sure you submit your articles before then. To enter this competition you must have 30 posts or more

Good luck, any questions please post them here

Can't post an article in the competition forum. You need to change the permissions for the registered users group.

Good energetic news for us. How many entry for second and third place.
just the 1 :)

Can't post an article in the competition forum. You need to change the permissions for the registered users group.

Thanks for the heads up, I have just changed the permisssions

What do you mean by original? Never published before anywhere or just original to the owner?
i.e. If I have published my own similar article on my site, could I rehash/improve it and post it here?

What do you mean by original? Never published before anywhere or just original to the owner?
i.e. If I have published my own similar article on my site, could I rehash/improve it and post it here?
The article has to be unique. If you have an article you wish to re-use I ask that you re-word the article and also improve on it

Thanks

So... regardless of the number of entries, the 2nd and 3rd place writers get a pittance? How many will actually be 'published'?

I realize this sounds somewhat rude, but I am trying to decide whether I should submit an article here or not: I can get a fixed price elsewhere or make an all-or-nothing gamble here (provided there are a lot of competing entries).

Hey JCB!

Would you care if I wrote a guide on how to do algebra? I feel like it could help out this forum a lot!

you can do, but remember the best guide will win, and we ask the guides to be computer related

So... regardless of the number of entries, the 2nd and 3rd place writers get a pittance? How many will actually be 'published'?

I realize this sounds somewhat rude, but I am trying to decide whether I should submit an article here or not: I can get a fixed price elsewhere or make an all-or-nothing gamble here (provided there are a lot of competing entries).
All articles will be published. Last time we got 15 entrys, but the prize money on offer was much less. I am hoping with the higher prize money on offer we will get more entrys

Who owns the copyright on any articles submitted and any articles that win?

You / Computerforums.org will own the right. If you want to remove the article from the site you can

Back
Top Bottom