Virtualization Help

jmacavali

Fully Optimized
I'm just starting to look into virtualization. I don't really have any idea where to start so if anyone could point me to some websites or give me some pointers that will help me get started, I'd be very happy.

(I know there is alot involved, that's why I'm just looking for some starting points and will ask more specific questions as they come up)

Could you define what type of "Virtualization" would you like to do?

Like run a virtual computer in another operating system?

Could you define what type of "Virtualization" would you like to do?

Like run a virtual computer in another operating system?

My bad.

I meant to put that in there but got interruptted while posting.

I am running 3 Windows Server '03 boxes and 1 of them is just a waste of power. It is really only running 1 or 2 applications. I would like to move it to virtual server on one of the other servers. The one I'm moving it to is running '03 64bit.

My bad.

I meant to put that in there but got interruptted while posting.

I am running 3 Windows Server '03 boxes and 1 of them is just a waste of power. It is really only running 1 or 2 applications. I would like to move it to virtual server on one of the other servers. The one I'm moving it to is running '03 64bit.

So you want to move the whole system to a virtual machine that will be set up on one of the other severs correct?

Personally I run vmware for all my virtual machines. Link.

Correct. I would like to move all the applications and everything to a virtual server running on my main server. This would give me two physical servers with one virtual server.

Back
Top Bottom