Hey there, i am thinking of buying some servers (1 to start with) and running multiple game servers on here and then renting them out
. Compared to anyone on this forum i am quite a little nooblet and Google has not helped me too much. I have searched this forum and nothing helped me much so i am posting here.
My main aims are:
• To find a quick server with large RAM, able to manage at least 20 gaming servers at once (if this is possible :S)
• To find out how bandwidth applies to latency and performance on these gaming servers, and how much i will need.
• To find out whether I need to update my internet and at which isp is best to update to (i currently have 1 mbit internet connection)
• To find out how much money I will need to raise, and what maintenance and costs of everything will include.
• To find out whether performance of gaming servers differ from game to game- especially between Counter Strike 1.6, Condition Zero and Counter Strike: Source.
• To find out whether I can host free websites, with proper domain such as www.mywebsite.com
on this server
• To find out how to host teamspeak servers, and whether this will compensate for performance of my other gaming servers. Is it worth it?
• Should i be running linux or windows dedicated servers. How will this differ and which gives best performance? Do any require more mantenance (and headaches) than the other choice.
I know some of these aims are quite Counter Strike related but any help would be VERY much appreciated.