sorry if misplaced but need help.

velez

Beta member
hello guys sorry if i misplaced this topic but theres something i need help with.

my computers been presenting some problems lately.
my mom told me she accidentally put a virus on it.
some of the things going on are that pop out windows come out a lot.
when im on the messenger if just gets off by itself as if some error were to happen.
last time you guys told me about some program that runs a test on ur pc and gives you some results....and these results where showed to you guys and you guys would tell me what to do from there. can you guys tell me about that process again. thanks in advanced.

at the moment i don i recently took it off...what anti virus would you recommend me?

Try AVG, it is free for home use. Or, you could try Avast, same thing, you can down load the free for home use version.

thanks im on it...ill get it now

what else would u suggest?...is there a way to clean it as i mentioned with that program that runs a test?

Run a "full" scan once you have the anti-virus software on there. Also, check for anything on your computer that looks suspicious - IE: folders, executable files, etc. There's not a great chance of finding them out in the open, but it never hurts to look.

Let the AV software scan your computer and show you what it finds. That's the best step to take right now.

Good luck!

First, get yourself a good a/v program. AVG is probably the best of the freebies. Much smaller footprint than it's larger commercial cousins like Norton or Mcafee.

Next, make sure you are running a fully patched computer, with internet browsing settings set pretty high.

And invest in a good firewall. They are cheap, in the $50 to $100 range.

Back
Top Bottom