Solid Antivirus Solutions for Server 08 R2

Indigo

Fully Optimized
I'm still trying to figure out why Microsoft would make Server 2008 R2 available to students without having a way to run antivirus on it (I can't get to Forefront, and don't have Technet) so how in the world would one run antivirus on these things?

Do you have any recommendations for a real time, proactive free antivirus that works (completely compatible) with Server 2008 R2 (x64)? ClamWin is, or at least was, only an on demand scanner, and I want something that will be a little more proactive.

Thoughts? It would be nice if Security Essentials would work on it, but since it's an enterprise OS, fat chance.

I'm still trying to figure out why Microsoft would make Server 2008 R2 available to students without having a way to run antivirus on it (I can't get to Forefront, and don't have Technet) so how in the world would one run antivirus on these things?

Do you have any recommendations for a real time, proactive free antivirus that works (completely compatible) with Server 2008 R2 (x64)? ClamWin is, or at least was, only an on demand scanner, and I want something that will be a little more proactive.

Thoughts? It would be nice if Security Essentials would work on it, but since it's an enterprise OS, fat chance.
same problem here I can't find a good AV with active scanner

Back
Top Bottom