Mirroring

gyonis

Solid State Member
We've been asked to offer a technical proposal for a new established TV station, and the IT manager of the station has a long list of requirements, we covered it all, only one issues lift as we never done it before:

They want about 20-100 GB server for hosting and they want to have a mirror server, incase the 1st server was down, so it would redirect the visitors to the mirror server, I'm thinking of getting them a dedicated or semi-dedicated server, but how do you do the mirror issue.
Some one said to get two dedicated servers, but::

1. How we make it that when one is down, it automatically directed to the other, I believe there is software's for that, so were do we install this software: the original server or the mirror server.
2. Should they be from two different companies and to different countries?
3. The web site will be with CMS and DB, how do you make sure that the mirror server have all the new data that was updated in the 1st server's DB, do they have like shared DB or something, and how..

Any other information, links, or suggested hosting sites for reliable dedicated server (with big bandwidth) would be greatly appreciated.. thanx

P.S. We use PHP/ MySql technology.

sorry about that, I just thought different section with people of different expertise, in case they didn't see one they'll see the other, sorry for that..

Back
Top Bottom