Locked out of own server settings!

j.venning

In Runtime
Hi everyone, very sticky situation at the mo. Because I wanted to restrict users on my server to not be able to use run and remove it from the start menu and task manager I proceded to block it in the Group Policy Managment component of Windows Server 2003.

The problem is is that I now do not even have it shown on the Administrator account and any attempt to access the Group Policy Managment returns with a message saying that I need administrator priveleges to access the component!

Does anyone know how I could possibly resolve the issue?! Any help will be very much appreciated.

Regards,
James.

Thanks for your great amount trust, to confirm it, have a see for yourself.
prove.jpg

Boot in Safe Mode, it should give you an Admin account.

But I don't understand, can you not just switch users and go on the Admin account?

Sorry -_- It's just cos you are a junior member and all, and you cant be too cautious, can you :)

^^^ We can still discuss whatever here

Anyways, try logging in with the hidden Admin account, and on server 2003 IT WILL be password protected.

Ok, thanks for your ideas. I am thinking of buying a new hard drive for the server so I might just do a fresh install - get it back to normal properly!

Regards,
James.

lesson learned, never use the default USER group to manage your users. if you do, you run into this type of problem since your admin account is located in the USERS group....jajajajajaja

Back
Top Bottom