Internationalization issue

nkumari

Beta member
hi,

I have installed websphere on Japanese operating system. Now, on IE, I am passing a url to open a file whose name contain japanese characters but i am getting error code 404: file not found error.

I plugged in ieHttpHeaders and read the request and response..attaching the log:

GET /private_repository/%E6%89%BFimsmanifest%E6%89%BF.xml HTTP/1.1
Accept: image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg, application/vnd.ms-powerpoint, application/vnd.ms-excel, application/msword, application/x-shockwave-flash, */*
Accept-Language: ja
Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate
User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)
Host: test2
Connection: Keep-Alive
Cookie: JSESSIONID=0000q-1USHH7VxWmk4rxmIV9TK5:-1

HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2005 08:42:50 GMT
Server: IBM_HTTP_SERVER/1.3.28.1 Apache/1.3.28 (Win32)
Keep-Alive: timeout=15, max=100
Connection: Keep-Alive
Transfer-Encoding: chunked
Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1

As you see, that the URL is being send in UTF-8 format but still it is unable to map to the actual file on the file system.

I also tried doing:

Logged on to the browser based Administrative Console with http://server_name:9090/admin/ ->
In the navigation on the left side of the Administrative Console, selected Servers > Application Servers.
Clicked the link for the server I am working with.
Selected the Configuration tab.
In the Additional Properties section of the screen, selected Custom Properties -> Clicked New -> In the Name field, entered client.encoding.override . In the Value field, entered UTF-8 .
Clicked OK -> saved the configuration -> Restarted the server.

but still the problem persists.

Can some one help me out in figuring out the problem..Its urgent :-(

with regards
nkumari

Back
Top Bottom