How to restore the deleted recycle bin in windows 2008 server?

sahabcse

In Runtime
Hi All

I have accidently removed the recycle bin icon in my server desktop. I have tried some possiblity which is recommended by micorsoft but none of them helps.

Any idea to resolve

What user are you logged in as when you cant see the recycle bin? (local or domain user?) Is the problem purely on your server? or across the domain?

My thought logic here is that if you are logging in as any other user, besides the local administrator on your server (which you should never do!!) and are unable to view the recycle bin it may have been disabled via GPO.

If you are logged in as the local admin, you may have just deleted it and it can be restored by right clicking on the desktop select 'personalise' in the left hand pane under 'tasks' select 'change desktop icons' then ensure a tick is in the box 'Recycle Bin'.

Hope this helps.

Matt

if you are logging in as any other user, besides the local administrator on your server (which you should never do!!)
that's terrible advice!

ideally you should never log in as the administrator, you always want to give out permissions and use permissions that are the most restrictive and still allow the job to be done.

i.e don't be an enterprise admin when domain admin will do.
don't be domain admin when a basic user account will do.

don't log on as administrator, if you need administrator access you should create an account with administrator access to use (then you can disable that account easily, then you should change the administrator password, write it down somewhere safe and forget it from your mind). -then you can see who is doing what (especially important in a domain where multiple people may be able to do things). and you can stop individuals from doing certain things rather than having to send out bulk emails asking everyone to stop doing something that only one person is doing, and that one person is likely to ignore you, and you can't identify them because they use a generic account! (that's a bit more applicable to business, but the principal is good foor home use where a family might all use the same computer)

I have logged as normal user, which have admin privileges.

Also it is Enterprise domain account.

Back
Top Bottom