how many gameservers on a dedicated server

Bretweber

Baseband Member
How much RAM & space will the average game server take up on a dedi, im thinking of getting few dedis but i dont know what space and RAM ill need.. any help?

This seems like what your looking for its for Battlefield 2
========================================================================
DEDICATED SERVER
========================================================================

We highly recommend Battlefield 2 servers are run on dedicated server platforms. Currently, the best performance is on a machine with the following specifications:

LINUX

- Minimum Specification, based on playing a 16 player game:
CPU: 1 Ghz
RAM: 256 Mb

- Recommended Specification, based on playing a 64 player game:
CPU: 3 Ghz. For AMD Athlon 64 CPU: 3500+ (2.2 Ghz)
RAM: 1 Gb

WINDOWS

- Minimum Specification, based on playing a 16 player game:
CPU: 1 Ghz
RAM: 384 Mb

- Recommended Specification, based on playing a 64 player game:
CPU: 3 Ghz. For AMD Athlon 64 CPU: 3500+ (2.2 Ghz)
RAM: 1 Gb

BANDWIDTH

- Minimum 2.5 Mbit

- Recommended 5Mbit

As always if you can increase any of the above hardware you will improve your overall gameplay experience.

FIREWALL

The use of a software firewall on the server is not recommended, as it can adversely affect server performance and the overall gameplay experience.

heres a link to where I got it http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com/View.php?view=GameInfo.Detail&id=79&game=3

im looking for how much space / resource it will take for each individual sever like. Umm, a W:ET server will take up 64mb of the ram and so and so of the processor etc (made up figures btw) i need to know like that for the popular games

o ok, those specs are for BF2 server...I'll see if I can find some more specs what kinds of games are looking for?

Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory
Battlefield 2
Counter strike (as many versions as you can)
Any other games that are popular really

I think you need to do your own research. This kind of information isn't hard to find. Infact, usually you can run multiple servers on a single box (if the bandwidth and hardware allows). My team runs 2x battlefield 2 servers and 2x counter strike source servers with teamspeak and webhosting).

I believe they pay about $150 / month for it.

Back
Top Bottom