hosting servers at home

IowaBoy

In Runtime
OK, so because me and my friend are just starting out with a squad I thought so I might try hosting the teamspeak at home...problem is I have a slow speeds: 2.606 mbps download and .491 mbps upload. So with those speeds would it even be worth the trouble....I would also be playing codmw2 while hosting so yea and I don't want to be a laggin.

Those are definitely speeds that you would not want to be trying to use for Modern Warfare. It is fine for web hosting as that does not create to much demand on the upload rate. Also do you have a static IP address or a dynamic one. If it is dynamic it will be a little more difficult but will perform the same basic functions.

Your connection won't be able to handle very many slots and it won't be good quality. If I were you I would use a different voice client (like skype or something) that doesn't require a server at all, so your uplink won't be getting all used up. You will most likely experience lag in your game, since your connection isn't fast enough to handle both mw2 and hosting a teamspeak server.

It depends on what type of site you are going to be hosting. I can sell you a webhost plan, if you have your own domain for $30 for the whole year. I will give you 3gb of storage/30 gb bandwidth/ fast upload speeds....etc if you want more information visit my site below, or email me

my email is :::::: admin at cquinndesign dot com

i am a reseller for a hosting company, so its got 99.9% uptime :)

Also some isp's don't allow server hosting unless you upgrade to a at least business package.

Back
Top Bottom