Exchange Server 2003 Calendar Question

Dsrt

Baseband Member
Not sure if this would go here or not, but I'm looking for some Exchange Server 2003 help.

I have 4 owners that keep seperate calendars. I also have one main owner calendar in a public folder that others in the company have access to. Currently, an owner makes an entry into their personal calendar, then has to go to the public calendar and make the entry there as well.

What I've been asked is there a way that when the owners add a calendar event to their personal calendars, that it will automatically update or merge with the shared calendar in the public folder? This way, our administrative secretary can just look at one calendar when trying to schedule meetings for the 4 owners.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

nope, calenders are not linked.

I heard you can overlay calenders in outlook 2007 / exchange 2007. But i can not tell you for sure.

I know you can do this in 2007 but don't think that you can do it in 2003. I believe all you can do is share them then you have to open them individually.

I kind of found a work around for now.

I just created a public folder/calendar, gave it an email address and now when you are adding an event to your local calendar, you invite the calendar email address. Only thing it doesn't do, is show who it's from without actually opening it up.

But it'll work for now. Thanks for the replies.

Back
Top Bottom