Can only admins log on to server?

martianware

Solid State Member
I was expermenting with several normal user accounts and i could not log on to the server. i kept getting a message that says "The local policy of this system does not permit you to log on interactivily." i can log on to any other computer with those accounts fine.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say "i can log on to any other computer with those accounts fine."

You mean it's only one workstation you can't use to log on to the server?

Or you mean that's the only server you can't log in to from any workstation, and you can log onto other servers fine using the same account details?

Certainly sounds like some permissions problem, but I can't tell where it's originating unless you give me some further details.

the most common place to see this message is on Terminal services.

there is a group called terminal server users.

there is also in local security settnigs, (control pannel -> administrative tools) a policy that defines who can log on...

this too can be set for all machines using active drectory.

i cant log into the auctual server with normal user accounts or even power users but any other workstation i can log on to ill check the permissions thing, i was thinking somthing like that because the message said the local policy. thx

Are you refering to "the local policy does not allow for an interactive login"??? If so, then you can simply add the user to a security group that allows login to the server. Such as Print Operator or you can create your own group and define the permissions (as the others have said).

It means that the policy doesn't allow certain accounts to logon to a certain computer.

i think?

peace.

Back
Top Bottom