About High End DELL servers!

BrianG

Beta member
Hello everyone!

I'm needing information about High End DELL servers Organization and Operation.
I was searching for some specific information about it in the web but I coudn't find anything but sale stuff, not much.

Whatever you know, videos or information is gonna be fine.

I will be more than thankful if you help me as soon as possible!

Greetings.

Hey,

Can you let us know exactly what you want to know?
I mean if you are just after general information then Dells web site is probably the best place for you but if you want to know something specific we may be able to help.

First, thanks for replying!

Well, I have to do a 5 pages general summary about this: High End DELL servers, Organization and Operation.

I think I have to describe what a high end server is, the variety DELL offers about them and their functionalities. Also how are they organized.

When I got in DELL's web page, and I search in products, it shows me a lot of different models. I've seen a Power Edge line but I don't know if they are the only servers with "high end" characteristics... I'm new in this.

Hope you can help me. Thanks

High End Dell servers would encompass any of their R710 or R720 models - they're designed to fit into a 2U rack space and offer a high level of performance relative to the number of CPUs and cores they pack.

For example, at work right now we use R710's, the main one we use is a 2 processor Xeon (quad core, with hyperthreading, so each chip can pitch in 8 threads) with 64 GB of RAM running VMWare. A purchase we're making next year will upgrade to the R720's which will have two octo-core (8 core) CPUs with hyperthreading and 128GB of RAM.

They have higher end models, but these would be the basis of what I consider Dell's "high end" servers. They also have a 1U model that can pack in 2P/8C - I believe it's the R620.

Dell's Enterprise level support / sales folks are great. If you need specifics, just go to the source - ask them. Be honest about what you're doing, and they'll generally do what they can to help out.

Back
Top Bottom