What can I use to do...

BrynF_UK

Fully Optimized
At work, we need a way to record inspections that are done every month, in a way that its accessible from any computer on the network (with a password), which can't be modified once its been 'published' unless to delete it (only by a 'super-user'), and which lets you create user-accounts who can fill in the form with details of the inspection and any notes.

Now, preferably this will be done in a web-browser - so that you go to a certain URL (bookmark it), type in your username/password and have the option to look at past inspection reports or make a new one.

Any ideas what languages can be used for this - If its helps, we use Vista Business on the PC's, but im not sure what the server uses. :)

Any suggestions or help would be great!

I'd proberbly get someone to write a PHP script for me that did it - It wouldnt be that difficult.

Yup, sounds like a PHP / SQL jobbie to me - shouldn't be too hard for someone that's willing and knows what they're doing.

Yup, sounds like a PHP / SQL jobbie to me - shouldn't be too hard for someone that's willing and knows what they're doing.

That count's me out :eek:

Right since the general consensus seems to be for PHP I will go see wikipedia :)

Thanks for the suggestions

Back
Top Bottom